wormer

Discuss Health & Medical Issues
Steve White
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: wormer

Postby Steve White » Sat May 05, 2012 4:45 pm

Most every is spot on so far. (pun intended)

Using the injectable Ivomec it is near impossible to overdose. For mange the dose is 1cc a day for several days. About double the average worming dose. A few years back heard that in high doses it would cause a female to abort. Had an unwanted cross happen. I can tell you this it did not work! That bitch is still very much alive and well today.

I too looked at the Valbezen. Because it is a much lower cost solution. I asked a vet friend about it. I was told not to use it because it can be very dangerous to a dog. Can easily kill them if the correct dose is not given. Also known to cause liver and kidney problems in dogs. A lot of folks use it with success, but I choose to listen to my buddy on this, and stay away from it.

I use the Panacur/Safeguard. The problem with it. Is that it does not kill both types of the common tapeworms. I forget which one off the top of my head. It's either the ones commonly found in chickens, or the ones commonly found in rabbits. I have had no problems so may be the ones in rabbits. Just don't know for sure.

Praziquantel is the one for tapes that kills them all. Problem it has is cost. No way around it it's expensive.

Now here is a kicker on Tapes. A vet friend told me he does not treat for tapes. That they really do no harm to the dogs. They just eat a little more feed. That it is cheaper to feed the tape worm than it is to treat them. I don't subscribe to this theory, but being a DR with nothing to gain by it. Had zero reason to not give me the truth.

I use the Ivomec monthly at minimum, and then the panacur every couple of months to change things up or as needed. I hate use paste though!
Steve White
White's Woods & Waters
http://www.whiteswoodsandwaters.com
steve@whiteswoodsandwaters.com
715-892-0032
Coonsbware
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Coonsbware » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:02 pm

I am going to try the equimax horse wormer paste since it works for fleas, ticks and worms.

Just want to make sure I use the correct/safe amount.

How much per pound?

thanks!
musky516
Facebook ID: 0

Postby musky516 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:33 pm

BIGBLUES
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby BIGBLUES » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:40 pm

Lil Wayne
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Lil Wayne » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:36 pm

Has anyone tried worm eradicator .Thinking about trying it just wondering if any of you could give me some input on it.
justahunter
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby justahunter » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:27 pm

Zimmectrin gold horse worker is the best.
Hunt hard cull hard !

Return to “Health & Medical Issues”