Vaccination schedules

Discuss Health & Medical Issues
oregonhillbilly
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Vaccination schedules

Postby oregonhillbilly » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:42 pm

I was wanting to get some input on a routine vaccination schedule for my 8yr. old and my 13wk. old pup.It seems to me we used to worm the older dogs every 6 months or as needed and give them their 8 way booster once a year with the rabies every 2 yrs.?Then the pups got their worming at 6,9,&12 weeks along with their 8 way.Not sure when we gave them their rabies,it's been too long to remember all that stuff.It seems like everything I have read on this comes up with something different.
Also has anyone used that Heartgard for heart worms on their dogs before and if so how did they like the results?
Thanks
Charles
oregonhillbilly
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby oregonhillbilly » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:10 pm

Has nobody used Heartgard before? I was specifically wanting to know just how safe it was to use beings how it states on the package that the "Law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian." So what precautions need to be used?
Thanks,
Charles
Hummer
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Hummer » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:51 pm

adrich
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby adrich » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:54 pm

oregonhillbilly
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby oregonhillbilly » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:05 am

Thanks for the information.I just found a web site that said the same thing about the getting a blood test prior to giving any heart worm meidication.
I'm glad that I got this info. first,I would hate to kill the dog when I'm trying to keep it healthy.
Thanks
Charles

Return to “Health & Medical Issues”