Supplements

Discuss Health & Medical Issues
Rossco
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Supplements

Postby Rossco » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:12 am

Is anyone using supplements keyed towards hydration and water storage in a dog this time of year? I have never tried it before. I ha e always just figured conditioning was the best thing. But I am going to try some, just to see if I get any benefits from it. The one I am going to try is k9power hydration formula. If anyone else has tried anything, what was it and what were the results? Good or bad?
"Life is hard, its harder if your stupid." John Wayne
lawdawgharris
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Supplements

Postby lawdawgharris » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:44 am

Roscoe, do you wet or soak your dog food? I had an old dog man in Oklahoma once that carried a bucket of feed and a bucket of water to feed. Each dog got a cup of feed and a cup of water in the same bowl every day. He said dogs never drank enough so that's why he did it. They everyone ate every kibble and drank every drop of water. I was surprised to see that. The supplement you are trying, is it a paste or powder?

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
Mike Leonard
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Mike Leonard » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:14 am

Go to WILDERNESS ATHLETE'S site online and check out their K9 products. they are outstanding and better yet this company is run a hound guy who chases bears and lions.

Their products for humans are also great!

Keep em hydrated, if you ever see a dog die from heat stroke, it's not a pretty sight!
MIKE LEONARD
Somewhere out there.............
Rossco
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Rossco » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:33 pm

Lawdawgharris, the stuff I am going to try is a powder that you mix with water. And yes I feed with water on their food. I have been doing that for a while now and it makes a pretty big difference. I will check out wilderness athlete. I did not know they made anything for dogs. I have used their hydrate and recover before for myself and it was good. Thanks Mike
"Life is hard, its harder if your stupid." John Wayne
1bludawg
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby 1bludawg » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:21 pm

I always carry water with me and the dogs drink a lot of it . Some dogs are more prone to get over heated than others ,just like people. I even carry it in the winter time .You might be surprised how much water a dog will drink on cold froze over days.
Goose
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Goose » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:17 am

https://www.izmart.com/products/electro ... uvEALw_wcB

This stuff is AMAZING, it was a God send for me when I discovered, I sweat bad and work outside so summers here close to the Gulf of Mexico can be rough, I couldn’t find anything other drinking a bunch of pedialytes every evening and night to rehydrate and replenish me and at around 5$ a piece they add up quick, found this stuff and decided it was worth a try, worth every single penny and it goes along way, you can mix it into any drink but be warned by itself it taste like straight sweat, started putting a few drops in the dogs water bucket in the box while hunting and could see a noticeable difference that same day, and even done a little testing between it with water and plain water and when picked up on a hunt the dogs alway went straight to the water with this mixed into it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Return to “Health & Medical Issues”