BlueJohn
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Here's what we need...

Postby BlueJohn » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:08 am

Let's enact a change to the state constitution as follows:

Text of Section XX:
Rights of Citizens to Hunt and Fish
A. All citizens of Oregon have the right to hunt, fish, trap, and otherwise take, gather, or utilize wildlife, in accordance with regulations, seasons, limits, and methods established by the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife.
B. The Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife shall have sole authority to establish regulations, seasons, limits, and methods by which the taking of wildlife shall be considered to be lawful.
C. Neither the Legislature, nor the people by initiative or referendum, shall have the authority to enact laws, regulations, seasons, limits, or methods by which the taking of wildlife shall be regulated.
D. The enumeration in the Constitution of the aforementioned rights of citizens shall not be construed to deny or disparage other rights granted by this Constitution or retained by the citizens of Oregon.
Rem700
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: Here's what we need...

Postby Rem700 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:45 pm

Thats what every state needs!
Eternal vigilance is the price of freedom
Peter Meyer
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Peter Meyer » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:57 am

In California Assembly Constitutional Amendment 11 is in the works. If passed it will add to Article I, Section32(a) " The people have the right to hunt and take game in the State, subject to the other provisions of this Section. Neither the Legislature nor the Fish and Game Commission shall impose an absolute prohibition on the right to hunt or take game." This is just what we need. Here In CA hunting is definitely a privelage and needs to be accorded the status of a right for our own protection. I am going to stick it to the antis in the coming year and the Fish and Game Commission is going to become pretty familiar with me during the public forums at their meetings. "When the people fear their government there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson
Bar K Black and Tans Placerville CA
"We must indeed all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately" -Benjamin Franklin replying to John Hancock's remark that the revolutionaries should be unanimous in their action. July 4, 1776 at the signing of the Declaration of Independence
BlueJohn
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby BlueJohn » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:08 am

Peter,

Being a former Californian I admire what you're doing and understand the difficulty. I wish I were closer and could help out. We here in Oregon have it worse than you do. The ignorance and hatred spread by HSUS and their cronies is taken as gospel by the urbanites and college students here in Oregon, and unfortunately they have 60% of the vote even though they represent only about 5% of the acreage in the state. Game management by public referendum has to end. We'll never win any of those battles. Better to put the management decisions in the hands of fish and game officials where we stand some chance of winning once in a while.

Return to “Legislative Issues”