Wildlife tracking box repair.

Post your product review or ask questions on products

houndhntr

Wildlife tracking box repair.

Postby houndhntr » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:07 pm

I have an older wildlife box that the freq. knob is going out on. Ihave to wiggle it to get a signal and the signal comes and goes. has anyone tried replacing it themselves or would I need to send it in to get fixed?If I have to send it in where is the bestplace to send it?
thanks for the help,Ken
outlaw13
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Wildlife tracking box repair.

Postby outlaw13 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:22 pm

If you can wait until your hunting is over send it back to wildlife. I sent them my trx64 and they replaced the batteries, volt meter, and speaker and re-tuned it and i think i paid 180 for everything including shipping. I think it took 2 weeks total.
If you're not offending idiots, you might be an idiot.- Ted Nugent

Go Big or Go Home!!!

Clint Berg
houndhntr

Postby houndhntr » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:19 pm

I called wildlife and they wont work on the older boxes anymore.My box is a trx6 and looks similar to the trx 1000s.I have had the box a long time and know how to read it well.I tried the trx 16s box a couple years back but didnt like it much so I sold it and went back to my old box and would like to keepusing it but I guess if I can't find anyone that repairs them I'll have to figure something else out. Thanks for the inputand help though.
Ken
halfbreed
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby halfbreed » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:28 pm

i used to take all kinds of stuff to my computer geek friend . he could and would work on and fix just about anything electronic old volt meters and gadgets of all kinds . he worked at our local radio shack in town . might try going that route . ain;t alot to it if you got the right gizmo's to check all the internal parts and know where to get the differant switches an reostats an such . good luck with it
hattak at ofi pisa
nightrider
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby nightrider » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:28 pm

houndhntr you might try collar clinic I know they used to do some wildlife stuff......here's a link in case...........http://www.collarclinic.com/index.htm good luck!
clarasmithh001
Facebook ID: 0

Postby clarasmithh001 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:43 am

Very interesting. Thanks a lot for sharing nice information with us. You are doing really great work and found g\useful tips. Thanks again for making such a nice topic here.

Return to “Equipment and Product Review”