snow bear

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
snowy river black and tan
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

snow bear

Postby snowy river black and tan » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:41 pm

Here is a bear we caught a couple years ago in the spring. We were hunting riggins ID. We hunted all day with no luck, (except for maybe a trash race that could have lasted most of the day. Maybe) My pack was young. They were all about 14 months. we had caught a lion and some coons but no bears on our own. (I had caught a couple with friends the fall before but I wasnt shur if the dogs remeberd) Night came and it rained all night. Our tents were flooded, we hunted half the day and decided to go get a motel. Noboday had their wallet but me (figure's). After a hot shower we decided to try a evening hunt. We went alot higher in elevation and hit snow. I decided this was good there were probaly no bears this high but a least we would know what we were running. As we were looking at tracks we noticed some boot tracks crossing the road. We drove quite a ways before we relized there were no tire tracks to go with the boot tracks. When looked again we decided it could be bear. There was a foot of fresh snow on the ground and eight inches of it had fallen after the bear had walked sometime in the night. Being desprate I turned out two dogs. My main dog bear buried his nose in the track, sniffed a few more and much to my surprise opened up and started moving it. I knew he would have trouble so I followed. After about a half mile he lost it, I caught up and found out why. The melting snow had fallen off the trees ruening all chances of me helping him out. I did a couple of circles hopeing for a track. Nothing! I called and called but the dog would not come. He was working about a fifty yard circle. To make a long story short I started looking up and found the bear. It didnt take much encoragement to get him treeing. The bear had laid up for the storm not moving for24 hours.
tylers dad
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby tylers dad » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:38 pm

TREESOMECATS
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

hunt

Postby TREESOMECATS » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:43 pm

Jason Waterhouse