Bear Path line??

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
LBell
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Bear Path line??

Postby LBell » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:51 pm

I am doing some looking around, I believe there's a line of dogs, bear path or bear paff not for sure really which. Is this line real? Is the first Question, second what are they like? size, speed, nose( in a general sense), and grit, how are they with other packs? are they a growly line? And where is the best place to find them, I heard there was a good group in californa?? Anthing would help thanks, Lance
Catch
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Bear Path line??

Postby Catch » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:57 pm

Lance, I believe you meant BearPath Plotts. Get on Smithdeal Society, a Plott web site with a lot of different types of Plott owners. I'll bet someone can answer your questions.

Good Luck
bwgdc

Postby bwgdc » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:52 am

its called bearpath plots gunner was the start of the males willard woodsby was the man who started the line he passed away a few years ago. i have the last of willards line of bearpath plots. the ones i have are a pleasure to hunt from truck to tree and best of all they will all bay or tree a bear by them self or with any dogs with never a problem
bwgdc

Postby bwgdc » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:06 am

this is a picture of gunner when mike ricklock bought him from willard
Attachments
Gunner and big bear 001.jpg
cat and bear
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby cat and bear » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:03 am

wow, mike or scrub hasnt changed a bit,from your pic, he still hunts that line, and catches his fair share of bear
cat and bear
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby cat and bear » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:13 am

As i posted the comment, i thought i would share a cute story of Srub, and a hunting adventure. He called us with a handful of tags, needing some help. We had three solid trucks, of rig and bear dogs. Of course a little friendly competion as well, as i was running mostly walkers, and mike is a die hard plott man. We all met up that morning, split off, and went rigging, i treed one, grandpa treed one, and mike treed a fisher. So of course, we met for a sandwich, and with a little smile, i said mike, what did you tree? :?: :lol: He said a fisher, I kind of smiled, and he said, ' hell anyone can tree a bear with those dam walkers, why dont you try it with these plotts' :lol: :lol: :lol: I still have a laugh at that one, only mike would say something like that. But in the end, we killed 14 bear that year, and I believe four was over five hundred pounds. Some good dogs at work for sure, a nice memory
Steve White
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Steve White » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:54 am

Dang CB, your right scrubs has not changed much. Any idea when that pic was taken? I'm guessing 20yrs ago at least. Who are the guys with him? I'm going to have to print him a copy of that one. Think he has left for Idaho already.
Steve White
White's Woods & Waters
http://www.whiteswoodsandwaters.com
steve@whiteswoodsandwaters.com
715-892-0032
cat and bear
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby cat and bear » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:35 pm

Steve, I clicked on the photo, it says 9/13/82. The other guy in front is one of his brothers, i think Randy, I'm not sure of the other guy. Funny even wears his hat the same yet
Ron
Smiley
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Smiley » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:09 pm

The bearpath line is gone , If you want dogs that are similar look to Bluff creek ( Steve Herd ) or dogs bred heavy foundation weems . Mike Rychlok would also probably be a good place to look for this type dog .
Wayne Thomas was probably one of Woody's last hunting partners he is from American Falls not sure if he still has dogs and hunting though.
CB Kennels " Color Blind Kennels " haha
bwgdc

Postby bwgdc » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:47 pm

shane your wrong about them being gone like i said in my post i have two sitting in the yard right now and my dad was woodys last and best hunting partner and wayne does not have any true bearpath left
Smiley
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Smiley » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:41 am

When did Woody breed those last two dogs. I admit I could be wrong but as far as i knew there was only one more litter he had after I got mine. Still The bearpath line is gone He can find ones with that as a foundation but woody cannot put his stamp on it.
the last ones I knew of would be 6 0r 7 years old.
bwgdc

Postby bwgdc » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:30 am

shane just so you know one dog i just pulled the papers out on 13 out of 14 top and bottom are bearpath so how much more do you want to be bearpath
Smiley
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Smiley » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:06 pm

So how old is this dog ? what is it out of? Is this one of the last two you got ? When did Woody produce the last litter from his last hunting dogs.When did woody last hunt with his own dogs ? I know the last time I called to see if he wanted to go and it has been several years he said he was not hunting anymore.
Also Woody would buy a pup and put his kennel name on that dog.
I am not saying anything bad about him but there are things to be considered.
bwgdc

Postby bwgdc » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:18 pm

i dont think you know who you are talking to shane this is dale christianson
Smiley
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Smiley » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:47 pm

No I did not know , but still I am not asking these questions to be a dink I am asking because I want to know ?

Return to “Plott Hounds”