what walker line do you like to hunt lion

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
twowalkers
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

what walker line do you like to hunt lion

Postby twowalkers » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:21 pm

what welker line do you like to hunt lion and bobs with and is colder better i hunt mostly snow but ocationaly dry
mike martell
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: what walker line do you like to hunt lion

Postby mike martell » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:08 pm

james.congratulations on your new pup. depending on what you get for a pedigree from ukc. let me know and i can forward you the complete lineage going back many decades. you have got a nice prospect. as i understand this cross to be from champ and belle. these two dogs are very line bred way back on some really top hounds such as shetlers sonny boy, finley river cheif, hershbergers, gann's finisher,monroes finley river joe, spring creek rock. old white cloud stock. you will not have many dogs to out trail you in the dirt. the only draw back i have seen is the old time lion hunters put there emphasis on lion's and not bobcats. sometimes these dogs get caught up in straddling a track too much to push a bobcat to catch. you will not need snow to tree lions. in fact when you develop this pup you will see that. you will appreciate this more than you know lol...keep me posted on the advancement of your new addition. mike martell
Mike Leonard
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Mike Leonard » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:54 pm

Good luck with you young dog.

I agree with Mike M on those dogs mentioned some very good cold trailing blood for sure, I have owned quite a few of most of those over the years, excluding White Cloud. My guess is the White Cloud dogs from what I have been told may push a track a bit faster than the other strains listed and may excell over some of those on bobcats.

I really appreciate a dog that can get down and straddle a cold track when they have to and keep the line moving. Certain dogs have that amazing ability to take a track that some would have to straddle and get it higher and push it faster, but they don't come in bushels.

I watched a tremendous young female yesterday pick up a cold lion track on frozen bare ground and even though some pretty decent lion dogs were really working on it she got it up and went out whipping and spurring on this track and it wasn't too long she made a lot of ground got it up in the ridges jumped it and drove the track ahead of the rest. she lit this long tail up so fast after the jump that I wish I could have been there to see him take the tree because I have a feeling she was chewing on his tail. LOL!
MIKE LEONARD
Somewhere out there.............
liontracker
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby liontracker » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:18 pm

Mike, sounds like she treed it by herself? Tell me more.
Mike Leonard
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Mike Leonard » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:40 pm

She could have but she had plenty of help two more Topper Again sons and old Blue and Jiggs themselves were there to toast her show. A great little girl with a super nose, drive, and intelligence. Not a bad combination.

Present Problem: She is wound up right now because there was a big old tom housecat that came by and some of the dogs including Ben and Lilly broke down the fence and went for it. Well it got in a culvert but there is this old woman that was threatening me I guess. LOL! Man this is funny but I have to put up with this crap in the rural neighborhood. My step Son went and got my old Blue dog who was right in the end of this culvert. Leashed him and was leading him to the truck. She comes out and hollers well if them dogs come back and chase these little kittys I will shoot them! He says maybe you need to come and talk to the man that owns this dog before you do that. She said I don't care who it is I am serious. He said I respect your opinion Mamn but I reckon If you plan on living in that yellow house you better come and talk to the man.

She ain't come by yet: Anybody want to buy a yellow two story house? LOL!
MIKE LEONARD
Somewhere out there.............
houndcrazyfool
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby houndcrazyfool » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:03 am

BTT,
what do you guys think of the bozo or clover bloodline for cats?

Return to “Treeing Walker Coonhounds”