FINLEY RIVER

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
BEARCLAW
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

FINLEY RIVER

Postby BEARCLAW » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:39 pm

IT SEEMS THIS STRAIN OF HOUNDS IS GETTING DILUTED AS TIME GOES ON. IS THERE ANYONE STILL LINEBREEDING ON THIS STRAIN FOR BIG GAME HOUNDS?
Travis Stirek
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: FINLEY RIVER

Postby Travis Stirek » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:47 pm

In a round about way my wife and I do.Although the Finley River name has long since been gone.We line breed on 1985 World Ch Beaver Lake Magic and magic was a very heavy Finley River Chief bred dog.I spent many nights in the woods with Finley River Nite Hawk (yes THE Nite Hawk) and often wished I could have seen him on a bobcat,the way he drifted a track and could locate layups.I had a direct son of his that was one of the top 5 bear dogs I have ever been to a bear tree with.I know idabowdude on here has alot of blood that goes back to Hawk.Your right about the Finley River dogs of today,the worst thing that ever happened to them in my opinion was they got too pretty and started winning to many big shows.
The reason I hunt this blood is a quote a friend gave me,"Your either making dust or your eating it."
Hi Tech
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Hi Tech » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:15 pm

Hey Guys, I have several dogs in my kennel that are bred this way. I have a grandson and granddaughter of Beaver Lake Magic. I had another male that got killed two years ago. He was a very nice hound. I also have a Grandson of Night Hawk. I had his mother who produced some of the best bear hounds in this area. She passed last year. So must of the stuff I have now are grandsons/daughters and so on. I have made crosses with them before and plan to make more in the future. They have been the backbone of my game catching success. Good luck.
Hyatt's Creekside Kennels
See ya at the tree
BEARCLAW
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby BEARCLAW » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:54 pm

Thanks for the info. I dont know anything about the beaver lake magic dog can you tell me more?

I had a nice line bred finley river dog out of Montana Mac. He was just a good all around dog, hard to fault him. I remember seeing that night hawk in his ped a couple different times. Right now i have a line bred neosho river female that is doing a good job. Neosho seems to be mostly finley river.
Travis Stirek
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Travis Stirek » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:35 am

Beaver Lake Magic was a big,mostly white dog sired by Beaver Lake Lightning and out of Duncans Molly both heavy finley river bred dogs.I remember seeing an interview with Russ Bellar at the final four of the 85 world championship and Bellar saying he thought Magic would be tough for Pac Man to beat because he was accurate and an awesome track dog.Well Magic did beat Pac Man that year.
I drew Montana Mac many times in Montana as well as Autumn Oaks one year.My good friend Ryan Sears was handling him at Oaks.He was a nice dog with a good mouth.I can't remember but I thought he was a grandson of Hawk he may have been a direct son but I can't recall.
The reason I hunt this blood is a quote a friend gave me,"Your either making dust or your eating it."
Rummie1954

Postby Rummie1954 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:02 pm

Mac was a son out of Nite Hawk, half brother to Black Powder Hawken. Mac was a nice hound. Keith
Tim Pittman
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Tim Pittman » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:49 pm

Lonnie Mears 417-833-3229 72years old,his dad Ray started this line of dogs.And yes he's still producing the same kinda of dogs as way back.Tell'em Tim Pittman sent ya.My 2 are making catdogs at 10 months old.
Tim Pittman 541-912-6464
Tim Pittman 541-912-6464
misty ridge kennels

Postby misty ridge kennels » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:36 am

Return to “Treeing Walker Coonhounds”