Penn-Marydel Foxhounds

Share your hunts and discuss your dogs
waylon
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Penn-Marydel Foxhounds

Postby waylon » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:13 pm

I am about to be the proud owner of a number of Penn-Marydel Foxhounds ( I am gonna run Bobcats with them only) Just wondering if any others have used them before. I am getting mine from a fella who has run Bobcat and Fox with them and a coyote here and there. I think there probably the best nosed running dogs around overall and have a big hound mouth. here is some general info on them

Penn-Marydels have a wonderful deep voice and excellent cold trailing ability, able to perform well in tighter, less open terrain. Although somewhat slower than the English and American Foxhounds, they possess sharp noses, great perseverance and incredible endurance, giving them the ability to find and hold a fox for hours. This makes them ideal for hunting the hills and thick woodland prevalent in Bedford County. Their voice is also a delight to hear and enables the followers to know where they are even in wooded country .
Here are some pics, they can come in any hound coloration except brindle

Last edited by waylon on Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ROMANS 3:24
LET YOUR HOUNDS DO THE BRAGGING
waylon
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Penn-Marydel Foxhounds

Postby waylon » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:19 pm

Here are a few more pics. also in my first post i should have said coldest nose in my opnion not best, just able to start a colder track than most other running dogs
They are a very hard track dog and hunt much like a beagle does nose to the gound, they dont wind much and follow there nose every where they go more or less, but guys do manage to run coyotes down with them so speed should not be a major factor

perk
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby perk » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:04 pm

I hope they work out for you. I owned one for a few weeks, he had a mouth you could hear MILES away, unfortunately he was slow as a turtle pulling an army tank. He couldnt even stay in the same peice of woods as my foxhounds. I got him from a deer hunter who got him from a fox/coyote pack near the mississippi river, but he wouldnt run a deer. He was pretty, and easy handling, great pen manners, and a huge mouth, but I will call him the worst $100 I ever spent on anything. If it wasnt for the man saying big mouth I never woulda bought him. I have been around several and none of them had the speed of a treeing walker, much less a running dog. I ended up giving mine to a guy for a pet. I see where the general info listed them as good for thick terrian, IMO they are too big,blocky, slow to be good in thick terrian, (like I like to hunt), the reason they can stay with a fox for hours is lack of pressure. I do not consider then running hounds at all.
a little story about him, the first time I hunted him he went to some of my hounds trailing, when he barked, my hounds got afraid and came back to me. I had to walk them back on the fox track to get them to go back to him, He soon was left in the dust. Within 3 minutes he was 5 minutes behind.

Nice pics!
Perk
'If the hounds dont catch him on top, It doesnt count'
'Day Light and Eye Sight DONT LIE!'
EGO is not your AMIGO
Larry Emery
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Larry Emery » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:10 am

If they are as great as you are describing them they would be a lot more popular, no way will the couple that I have seen stay with a running dog. Wish you luck with them.
turtle dove

Postby turtle dove » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:15 pm

This is a reply to the Pen marydel Foxhounds thread. I have Pen Mary Del hounds and have bred them for 55 years. They are a special breed of hound bred for foxes- and not everone can handle them. They hunt depending on how they are handled. The eastern shore bred hounds are a smaller breed which are the ones that I have. The Pennsylvania and New York breeds are a bigger hound. It depends on what kind of country you are hunting them in and what you are running. They hunt similar to beagles- running a track close to the ground- not the air. They are able to go into thick brush to hunt. They also will not hunt well with other breeds- they tend to stick to their own breed. Overall they handle well. They were breed primarily for the enjoyment of listening to the hunt and not necisarily to catch prey. If you are interested in buying any or have any questions I will try to answer them feel free to give me a call. My name is Ralph - number is 417-254-1937- in Missouri.
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby pegleg » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:29 pm

you have any pics or video of your hounds you'd feel comfortable in posting?
perk
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby perk » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:30 pm

Waylon, did you get those hounds yet and how are those hounds working out for you? Im sure when they run its a hell of a good sounding chase.

Perk
'If the hounds dont catch him on top, It doesnt count'
'Day Light and Eye Sight DONT LIE!'
EGO is not your AMIGO
Dads dogboy
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Dads dogboy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:24 pm

Perk,

Waylon is missing in Action!

He failed to show up to get these Hounds and stiffed a fellow from NM who wanted him to pick up some PMD for him. He returned the NM fellows money later but has never called the NM fellow or the MO man either.

He will not answer his phone or return PM's.

His Pedigree after some research was questionable at best according to a Cat Hunter who is above reproach in his area!

He is the Type that give these Forums a bad name....a want-to-be that can type!

C. John Clay
Dads Dogboy
C. John Clay
diamondctv@aol.com
870-223-2063
waylon
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby waylon » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:19 pm

First of all I am not missing in action, I have been in the middle of marital issues. 2nd I never took any money from anyone EVER NEVER EVER, I did not stiff anyone , I talked dogs with Ralph Reber in mo. and never made any deals for sure,if I had gone and picked up any dogs I was going to GIVE THE MAN IN NM his pick of the dogs for FREE. I was going to go and LOOK at some dogs and due to personel issues did not. Considering the personel issue's I am sorry my name was smeared. I would like to know what type of bad dealings ANYONE has ever had with me here in Hominy,Oklahoma or any where else, Marion Graham is who dads dogboy is talking about ask him what I did, did I stael, take money, take a dog and not pay for it NO. He gave me a pup I raised then later an older bitch. I got rid of them PERIOD, He nor any other person has ever been taken by me EVER. I am sorry to have had to be gone and did not ever ignore any phone calls my home number is 1(918) 885-4215. It is terrible that I was attacked over an issue out of my control and I will not return the favor because I am not that type of person. I would like to say at last if there are any persons anywhere that I have ever taken money from stand up and name your case, you will not however because there is none. Mr. Clay you were out of line attacking me verbaly when you did not have all the facts, did YOU ever try to call me. NO thanks for doing this, I hope no one took these attacks on me to heart with out asking for the full story.

God Bless
Dads dogboy
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Dads dogboy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:59 pm

Folks,

Waylons responce and a PM to me have been answered!

Facts are what they are!

Sorry that he has had problems...we all have had some!

CJC
C. John Clay
diamondctv@aol.com
870-223-2063
waylon
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby waylon » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:16 pm

Facts are facts, let's see some posted...............oh wait there are not any to post. I tried to talk to John privately and he just wants to say well thats what I was TOLD, hell John you didn't even know, you just spread rumors, lies and defamed me publicly. So lets here what you were TOLD. Who did I take money from, cathunter10 Bull then lets here him say that, he wont because I never took one red cent from him, facts are I was gonna give him his pick of any of the dogs I brought back if the suited me. Yes I had problems, sure every one does I am not trying to get anyone to feel sorry for me. RALPH REBER I sent you a pm saying I was SORRY and I will say it here cause I am SORRY, Sorry I had made plan's to come look at your dogs and didn't, I should have made an attempt to get in touch with you and tell you why I could not, Ralph I am real sorry for it, if I put you out here is my number again 1(918)885-4215 I don't have your any more, call me If my word that I was coming cost you money, how much ?. I take responsibility for making plans then breaking them, But for John to come on here and run his mouth telling lie's he can not back up...... If there not lies lets here your proof, hell even you so called 2nd hand info.... you can't cause your wrong. I have never took any one for any money period. I don't really care what John thinks about me as a person but to go on a public forum and tear someone down with 2nd hand info is a bit of a shock to me.

To the other men on this forum I am sorry this was all brought up on here, I tried to handle it with pm's and it was brought back out here. Some will take John at his word and never look to see if he was in error because his dad has a good name just about anywhere you go, rightly so I am sure, and I am sure John your a fine fella who just thinks he had to stick up for Ralph. All I ask of anyone is here both sides of a story FIRSTHAND from the men involved them selves before you pass judgment like some have. :beer

THE MEN jOHN CLAIMS I STOLE FROM AND DID WRONG ARE AS FOLLOWS turtle dove= Ralp Reber
MAN FROM NM= CATHUNTER10 BOTH ON THIS BOARD LETS HERE THEM SAY I STOLE ANYTHING JOHN IF IT'S SO TRUE OR LET THEM VOICE THERE WRONG'S DONE BY ME I WILL FACE THE MUSIC. Waylon Lee Stokes
Hominy,Ok
e-mail allchevy78@gmail.com
waylon
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby waylon » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:18 am

Thats what I thought!
turtle dove

Postby turtle dove » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:09 pm

Now- to set things straight- first - Mr. Clay Finneys name shouldnt even have been brought up- at all. This is between Ralph Reber & Waylon. No- I did not recieve any calls from Waylon, nothing was left on my answering machine. My number is posted on this forum so I dont see how you could not have gotten thru, everyone else does and you were the one that said you were the proud owner of Pen Marydel Hounds. That made it sound like you were going to buy them. I told my friend who has PMD hounds, gave him your number, he said he called you at least three times, and left his number, and got no response form you. As far as I am concerned, your name was not smeared. The facts are on the forum. If you were having poblems - sorry about that. We all have problems! But a phone call only takes a few minutes. I think this whole thing was blown out of proportion. Clay (Dads Dog Boy) was only going by what he had heard, so that should be that. If you have any more problems or are still unhappy about this please call me 417-254 1937, and leave a message if I dont answer. If you cant get thru, believe me I will surely call you back!! As far as the man from NM, I have talked to him, he is a very nice man, and his money was returned. So his name shouldnt have been brought into this. Such a fuss over Pen- Mary-Dell hounds. Grant you they are great hounds in my eyes - haha, I wish you could have come to see them hunt. They listen very well, and they are not hard to get in at all and they sound good running. But that was your loss. We never recieved any calls from you - and as far as I know neither did the man from NM, or my friend Johnny( who also has PMD hounds). So I hate to say it but that speaks for itself. But lets let sleeping dogs lie and put all of this behind us:) I am sorry Mr Clay Finney's name was brought into this mess-As he is one of the greatest houndsmen I have ever met. We should remember it is men like him that keep the hound pedigree going for the younger generation, and Dad's dogboy was going on info he had been told. So lets cool our jets and let this rest. Hope everyone understands so have a good day , and as always good hunting!!

(Thanks Dads Dogboy)

If anyone wants to talk abou this please call 417-254-1937
waylon
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby waylon » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:02 pm

Ralph your 100% correct that I did you wrong by not setting things straight. I in no way ever was putting Finney Clay down, If I came across that way I take that back, but I don't think you will EVER see that I did.I said Finney Clay is known as a fine man any where and for good reason.My only problem is where John came out running his mouth saying I took money from a man cathunter10 to be exact, he said my pedigree was bad OK thats fine, by who one man i'll bet any one could be torn down by some one they have known, no matter who they are. He had about 10 percent of a story and ran out telling things he did not know, Ralph I owe you a huge apology and no one else. Yes ralph I could have tried harder to call you. I was wrong for that 100% I take all the blame that is due for that. This was a bad deal that I handled very poorly and didn't treat you correct by not explaining why I could not come. I hope I learned something through all this and I will let it go period. If you feel I owe you anything tell me what it is and I will correct it.

Here is the PM cathunter10 sent me the fella fron NM who i was supposed to have taken money from, BIG LIE- so it's clear from his side I posted it here, now I will let it lie

Waylon I dont pay attention to other people or what they say.I concider people to be my friends tell they prove me wrong and so far you havent done that.So just remember You are wellcome at my table any time.I miss our phone calls and our talksI dont know where this man got his imformation at as I have never talked to him in my life.Give me a phone number and I will call you.
Your friend
Bill
PLOTTMAN55
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby PLOTTMAN55 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:53 am

i dont want to start nothing back up cause granny always said the more u stir in crap the stinkier its gonna get. But John u need to stop running your mouth about something u herd and telling ever body (thats pretty stupid on your part) thats how high school girls act u should have got all information for u starting gossiping stuff to hurt somebodys reputation waylon is a good man and yea he might not of called or couldn't but hey nobodys perfect and u should of kept your nose out of some ones buisnes i just diddnt thank that was fair 2 people gained up on Mr.Waylon sorry if i hurt any one and i dont want to start nothing but still that was un called for :agmnt :beer
HUNT PLOTTS OR HUNT NOTHING AT ALL!!!

Return to “Running Dogs”