leopard cur/catahoula

Share your hunts and discuss your dogs
rooster
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: leopard cur/catahoula

Postby rooster » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:29 am

you know one time a guy told me "just look at us, we worship something that would eat its own poop and #### its own mother, and we think we are the normal ones??"
hog catcher28

Postby hog catcher28 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:10 pm

Well yall call Mr Lamar Meeks he is a american leopard cur breeder hes bred /trained/hunted these leopards since 1965 home# (912)681-9680 cell# (912)682-3995
lepcur
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby lepcur » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:49 am

I hunt the Leopard spotted bear dogs
http://bearmtnguideservice.webs.com/
Dan Edwards
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Dan Edwards » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:30 pm

The King of the stock dog breeds

You should have known right away he was full of shit with that comment right there. If they were the king of stock dog breeds they'd be used more than any other stock dog which they are nowhere close for a fact. They are used somewhat to hog hunt and mostly at baypen trials and other gay shit like that.
Pops
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Pops » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:26 am

when i was a kid they used to be all stock & hunting dogs but there wasn't a tenth as many. now there are tons of them & most are bred for pretty colors & baypen comps.

still like anything IF you can find a good one they are really good dogs
Dan Edwards
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Dan Edwards » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:17 am

lifreediver
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby lifreediver » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:40 am

these two breeds are another one of those deals were there are storys and conflictin storys i gave them a shot maybe not a good shot but was luck enough to drop them back off and get my money back.a freind picked them up for me first look i said what the hell did ya go to the right house these things look like black and tans dropped there nose to the ground like a b&t and howled like onee what the.they were the guys line and his dads line etc well one was shy the other at 5 months old wanted to pick fight with my pits any way the guy was nice true to his word i dropped them off he gave my money back with out any hassle.then i noticed something his yard which i should of looked at first it looked like there was at least three seperate breeds or crosses
well a few he had were big glass eyed small ears mostly white patched up cur type some looked like a small b&t long eared and a few looked like a mix of the two i stood there and questioned every dog there ok whats thats dog story i have never been so confused ok there all related here well i drove the 400 miles home wonderin what the heck and that was my ventures with them
and it is silly when you guys post the breeds history on anybreed that is the biggest bunch of bs out there accordin to that stuff all breeds are the greatest the king of this and that super hunters legendary blah blah
you have to spend some time in the woods with the breed you are interested in and usually if there are none in your area or state its probably for a reason some guys travel with there pack to a different state or states etc they look for better dogs they been into huntin hard for 30 years they still have there same line that puts em up the tree on the regular
i used to have those silly dreams and believe half the bs ya pull up withsome legendary breed king of the woods and spank the local dogs with them not in this life time after a few trys i gave up i own the same line the local boys have nothin exotic or legendary just plain popular dogs
go huntin with the local guys and if they put up game on the regular get some dogs get them period you can ask a million questions on here and get a million different answers and still not see game in the tree stick with the obvious li freediver
thomasg
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby thomasg » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:27 pm

hey guys, i know this is a huge debate and I kind of have a case where this applies. I just got a new puppy who is one of these breeds but I have no idea which one he is. The woman I got him from adopted his mom from a shelter with no paperwork while she was pregnant. Id like to train him on bear and or lion but not sure if its worth it. Any way to tell the difference? Ive never trained big game hounds before and think I may be a little in over my head haha. Any advice would help thanks,

Thomas from Colorado living at camp pendleton.
Keep america american. Dont take it for granted. Live the good old fashioned american way Semper fi
VARMIT HUNTER
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby VARMIT HUNTER » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:07 pm

MY 2 CENTS AS a kid we had a catahoula stock dog named babe and at night she would hunt coons with our hounds strike track locate and tree with the best hounds out there. Now today 35 years later. I have 2 that are 1/2 leopard, 5/16 bluetick and 3/16 foxhound. they hunt like a hound and handle without a leash but then so do my 2 redbone/english cross hounds. and are very protective of me and mine.

Return to “Cur Dogs”