Wyo mountain curs

Share your hunts and discuss your dogs
jcodyj
Facebook ID: 0

Wyo mountain curs

Postby jcodyj » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:07 am

I’m planning on getting a first pup as soon as I can but I want to see if anybody has any additional info. I live in the black hills in South Dakota on the Wyoming line. I’d like to get a dog I can run coons with most of the year until bobcat/lion seasons are in. I’m leaning towards mountain curs. Does anyone have any experience running big game with curs? There’s a guy that breeds them and trees a lot of lions with them in Casper wy. He’s called wyo mountain curs. If anyone has any experience with these dogs Or some general suggestions I’m all ears, thanks.
Spencer
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Wyo mountain curs

Postby Spencer » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:48 pm

I've never hunted over mountain curs but I have over Black Mouth Curs. Gritty dogs but intelligent. Breaking mine off of deer was very simple. Great hunting dogs, good luck with your search.
HEP111

Re: Wyo mountain curs

Postby HEP111 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:12 am

I have one of Wyoming mountain curs dogs… 11 months old, novice hunter i.e. really haven’t hunted before and so far a great dog… Started him on raccoon looking for people to hunt with in Nevada… Looks to be a great all-around ranch dog so far which is why I got him.

Return to “Cur Dogsâ€