Original thread moved

Redwood Coonhounds
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000073410597

Re: NCTA UKC March 20-22, 2009 (confirmed)

Postby Redwood Coonhounds » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:07 pm

The UKC dogs you see at the open events are the same ones at the UKC events. There aren't that many UKC dogs, and even fewer that even if they have UKC dogs don't care about the events, therefore fewer entries!
Cassandra Davis
Redwood's Treeing Walker Coonhounds
& Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dogs
http://www.RedwoodCoonhounds.net/
https://www.facebook.com/RedwoodKennelsHounds
wyatte
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby wyatte » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:20 pm

I didn't mean to belittle any other club or org. ( we need to stick together or we will just fall apart ) Now not knowing anything about the UKC , do they do fund raisers or contibute to the fight for our hunting rights?
Brady
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Brady » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:34 pm

I think for the % of ukc dog compared to Grade dog at a open field trial the ukc dogs more than hold there own.
Brady...
Redwood Coonhounds
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Redwood Coonhounds » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:08 am

For the numbers of Reg dog compared to grade, they deffinately hold there own. Mine do okay at the open events, but I'v yet to win a UKC trial but maybe one time?

The UKC is a huge help and supporter of our Sport and dogs, have you even been to the UKC site, or picked up a Coonhound Bloodlines Mag?

I do know the UKC club out here are the only events that has Kids events at every event. From the Kids Bench shows to puppy tree contests and other little after event activities. Also had a raffle that the money was put aside for a Youth event, which I think they might hold in June.

In my opinion there club and events are the most organized and enjoyable.

No drinking, no betting, no money involved. No arguing, the rules are set, and enforced. People step up and help out. Just people that are dedicated the dogs, the sport, and having fun.
Cassandra Davis
Redwood Coonhounds
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Redwood Coonhounds » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:43 am

Go to ukcdogs.com

Right on the front page. Boom. The #1 breed for UKC, Treeing Walker Coonhounds.

Big Link that says Hunting Programs. And another right there that says Dog Owner Rights.

They do more than you think.

Also here is the article written that was put in Coonhound Bloodlines from UKC Rep Allen G's trip to California for our UKC Walker Sectional. http://www.ukcdogs.com/WebSite.nsf/News ... 08045614PM
Cassandra Davis
calblu
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby calblu » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:48 pm

Change of topic
Last edited by calblu on Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chawn
Rincon Kennel
(formerly Chisum-Trail Kennel)
bearman
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby bearman » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:54 am

Hey Dale maybe there is not enough greyhound in them UKC dogs lol..... could'nt resist!!!!! Anyway later

Tiny
wyatte
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby wyatte » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:19 am

We're on the same side of the fence when it come's to the greyhounds.
It's been two years since any greys have won anything at our Field Trials other then a heat.
wyatte
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby wyatte » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:46 pm

UKC dogs will always be welcome at any of our events along with grade dogs and grey hounds,who ever what ever as long as we are fighting for our hunting rights together, now I've looked on the UKC site and can't find a thing about them fighting for our hunting right here in Ca. or raising funds for our fight or contributing to our fund raisers, I must not be looking in the right area or something.
calblu
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby calblu » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:32 am

What exactly is it you're gunning for? It would help a lot if you'd just spell it out clearly in one post.

I think you need to look out a little farther than your own backyard regarding UKC's involvement in fighting for our hunting rights. Coonhounds are the largest group of dogs they register. They're also very involved with bird dogs and beagles. You better believe they have a very vested interest in helping us ALL keep our right to own, breed and hunt with dogs!
Look up the national organizations they support and work with, and how that filters down to the state level. Read Coonhound Bloodlines.
If you have a personal issue with how/where they place their support, contact them directly and let them know where they're missing the mark.
Chawn
Rincon Kennel
wyatte
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby wyatte » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:59 pm

My backyard is our backyard, and yes maybe I do need to look a little farther at the big picture, but right now I'm more concerned with our fight and raising money to continue that fight!

Good luck with your UKC event
fallriverwalker1
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby fallriverwalker1 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:59 pm

wyatt what fight ,what are your goals in this fight ,do you want to win or just comprimise so you can keep somthing you already have ,this is what has always been done in the past ,i fell of the truck but it wasnt yesterday tell us your plan and how you plan to suceed not a polatician ,give me your money for the fight. it has been proven in the past ,take these people to court make them use there money , you cant always be on defense hit back get something ,we lost for no sound biological reason back its easier to help then , been listing to the same song and artist to long need change
wyatte
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby wyatte » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:50 pm

My money and efforts for the fight is in our local club (North Central California Houndsmen ) our state club CHC , the fund raisers and events put on by these clubs, we cannot match the ANTI's dollar for dollar when HSUS has a yearly budget of 122 million, don't get me wrong I wood love to get back what we have lost in the past and maybe with a little more help from the houndsmen working together we could get some of it back, the problem is that just like the field trials and other club events such as Elk Creek this week end there will be over 200 dogs entered for the two day event but the event will be ran by about 12 people, the raffle for this will have over 2000.00 $ in prizes and all the money go's to the PVF, the club uses the money we make to contibute to others to help there fight and to put on more events.
I was there the day that the PVF was started 20 years ago, and we may not always agree on the tactics that are being used to keep up the fight but if any of you houndsmen out there have a better idea come to a meeting , be active in the fund raisers at least come and support it ,I know that there are a lot of Houndsmen out there that do nothing but bitch and wait for someone to do something. Bottom line if it wasn't for the clubs we would not be in the wood today.
bearman
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby bearman » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:18 pm

I thaught this thread was about confirming a event? nit about a war chest. Need to start a new thread on just that. Were all in this together I've made few trips to capitrol & gone to opens and have not seen many from the other side? So register that old walker and come on out, Ryans got em lol..... :beer later......
calblu
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby calblu » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:01 pm

Chawn
Rincon Kennel

Return to “California”