How's your bear season going ?

Talk about Bear Hunting
justahunter
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

How's your bear season going ?

Postby justahunter » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:26 pm

Pretty quiet on here. Just curious how everyone's bear hunting has been going this year so far.
Mine has been pretty good. Started some real nice pups that are hammering now and i have treed a pile of them this year.
How's it going for you guys and gals ?
Hunt hard cull hard !
brodieross
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 1

Re: How's your bear season going ?

Postby brodieross » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:05 pm

Yeah not many people like to talk on here it seems eh? haha. I just got started bear hunting with hounds this year and have made some progress. I have two black and tan pups and a finished bluetick. Spring season went well, treed a couple and killed one over the hounds. Cant wait for the fall!
YouTube- RockRib Outdoors
Instagram-@rockriboutdoors
JustinKeller
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby JustinKeller » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:54 am

Its been a good season so far. Always good to hear a pup is doing good. I helped two kids get their first big game animal (bear) the right way, and caught a bunch more. My two pups are pulling lead often and close to catching by themselves.
Best race this year was a screw up gone right, out feeding some bears and had my 3yr old daughter along, headed home and roading the dogs, the sun had gone down but not dark yet, no collars on the dogs and suddenly they were gone, shut the truck off to listen and my daughter jumps up on the seat and yells "we are chasing a bear dad" as she is hanging her head out the window "we got him on the run and we're gonna catch him". I didn't have the heart to call them off at that point so I put a collar on my 9 yr old blue tick that was still coming up the road, but it was too late, Sako was barking treed less than 300yds away. Took some pics and realized it was the same bear that took us on a 10 mile race a few weeks ago. God protects fools and little children I guess. Sure was fun!
john porter
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby john porter » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:21 pm

we start training August 15th so no report
Porter's Plotts
Robert Harris

Postby Robert Harris » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:13 pm

Bear season has been a lot of fun. Second bear season with my young pack. Caught a pile of bears. All,my dogs are still under 2 but are turning into some great dogs. They catch almost everything they are turned loose on. Sure is a lot of fun. Hard to get anything done when youre in the woods chasing bears every chance I get. Cant get enough.
Robert Harris

Postby Robert Harris » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:14 pm

:D Bear season has been a lot of fun. Second bear season with my young pack. Caught a pile of bears. All,my dogs are still under 2 but are turning into some great dogs. They catch almost everything they are turned loose on. Sure is a lot of fun. Hard to get anything done when youre in the woods chasing bears every chance I get. Cant get enough.

Return to “Bear Hunting”