Montana Lion Hunting

Talk about Cougar Hunting with Dogs
Bow
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Montana Lion Hunting

Postby Bow » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:00 pm

It was brought to my attention to day that some of the houndsmen in Montana are upset that i came out and ran some of there lions. I would like to tell you that i have never came out there to take any of your lions. we have only ever taken one that we took home with us and that was one that my boy drew a tag for. The other lions that we have taken where with a friend of mine who has his own hounds and lives in Montana. those lions would be taken whether i was there or not. I drive out just to have some time off and have some fun and see my friends. I am the first one to leave my hounds in the truck and help some one ells or tell some one where a track is. I don't even take a weapon out with me. I have never taken any money for a lion hunt or ever gave any money to any one for a lion hunt.It is all a hound thing for me it is a way of life for me. I tree 200 bear or more in the last two years and have not taken one of them. I FULLY RESPECT YOUR RESOURCE (lions)YOUR LAWS AND YOU. I am a true sportsmen and a true houndsmen i never set out to step on any ones toes. I hope that this helps clear this up. Please if there are any more that you want to know just ask. thank you and hope to see you at the tree some day. John P. Green
kehrer10
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000127044925

Re: Montana Lion Hunting

Postby kehrer10 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:27 pm

Even if you did harvest a lion who gives a shit! You have just as much right as the rest of us as long as you're doing it legal.
jeremy
Bow
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Bow » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:44 pm

Thank you. I have to much to lose to not be legal
liontracker
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby liontracker » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:25 pm

This is still a free country and whoever these rat bastards are they need to be called out. John and his friends just spent 2 weeks with me before they went to Montana and I will say that I have never hunted with a more gratious nor a more respectful bunch of men...REAL MEN.
Those are not your lions you little greedy and petty holyier than thow wannabe's. They belong to all of us. Grow up, show some respect, move over and make some room, especially for a group of men that are willing to travel 8,500+ miles to tree a stinking lion. This is exactly what is wrong with this sport.
John, you and yours are welcome here anytime, and you are more than welcome to kill what ever you want on top of it, but I bet way more video will be burnt than lead.
PISS OFF YOU LITTLE PRICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
kehrer10
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby kehrer10 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:05 am

Where did you guys hunt in Montana? Hell if you ever want to come back to Montana you are welcome to come hunt with us!
jeremy
notellm
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby notellm » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:31 am

John, you are not only one of the finest houndsmen I have ever met, but one of the best friends a guy could ask for. You are a true sportsman who is in it for all the right reasons...the hounds, the chase, and the friendships you make along the way. It's a crying shame the lack of respect us houndsmen have for each other some times, and that you feel you have to justify your reasons for being here. You are welcome at my home ANY TIME, and I will always have a bed here for you as long as you want to stay! Let people talk, talk is cheap! As far as the Pearces and Anderson's are concerned, Montana is GLAD to have you!
pistol
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby pistol » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:47 am

I also had the privlage to hunt with john and his friends and had a very fun day. I looked forward to maybe going out again but never got a chance. He showed great respect and is a TRUE houndsman unlike the guy who turned him in who is to concerned about whatever everybody else is doing in our area and has FWP on speed dial. Its sad that this had to happen to such a great and generous guy who just wants to drive across america just to hunt with a few friends and have innocent fun. I hope this other mans jeliousy and ignorance does not keep john from coming back. We have plenty of lions to go around and hope to see him next year. He was even gracious enuf to let me throw my walker in with his blueticks :) sorry this happened john......PAUL!!
rfeen
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby rfeen » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:01 pm

Man 8500 miles is a long ways where are these guys from are, its not ill legal for out of staters to run lions in mt so i don't see how this would be a big deal.
Work Hard To Hunt Hard
Keep the tradition alive one tree at a time
Doogie
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Doogie » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:09 pm

its just the 100's hunting district boys being the 100's hunting district boys plain and simple
I ride the Leopard Cur short bus
Shorty
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 100003782841530

Postby Shorty » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:48 pm

Maybe we should ALL go hunting in the 100's. That should really piss them off! The way I see it, if its not illegal then have at it. Glad you got to see some new country and hunt with new friends. Hope your planning on doing it again... Maybe I'll see you there!
kehrer10
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby kehrer10 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:18 pm

Let's all head up that way!
jeremy
Bow
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Bow » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:36 pm

It was always my dream to run and tree some lions with my blue dogs as my granddad did back in the day. I would read the story's in the old blue books and other hunting magazines. I would look thru all the old photos of him hunting with the lee brothers and others. Ill always remember the first lion that i ever seen in a tree with one of my blue dogs at the bottom. I am not ashamed to tell you that i had a tear in my eye and every one there after. We let that cat walk. That same time i made a very special friendship. I know that you know what that meant to me.I have said it many times my hounds have showed me places that i would have never seen with out them and also met countless new friends. I would like to say thank you to all that PM me or posted on here. Thank you for the support. I have done my own investigation on the one that was so upset with us and it sounds like he might have to study up on the game laws.One thing i have learned in life is what goes around comes around. I have gone out to Montana just a hand full of times and from what i can tell i have more friends out there then this man does. This is not the first time that i have had some one that is jealous try to put me down. It just makes me hunt that much harder. I will be back out to Montana to see my friends and make new ones and tree some more cats. I might even move out there before im done.I would like to thank you all again and if i can ever help any of you just give me a call. keep them treed John P Green.
Doogie
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Doogie » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:45 pm

come on up Shorty, better plan on a night at Freds in there though lol
I ride the Leopard Cur short bus
kehrer10
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby kehrer10 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:39 pm

Haha gotta love "Freds", where men are men and sheep are dirty sluts!!!!!!!!
jeremy
dhostetler
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby dhostetler » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:28 pm

Return to “Lion Hunting”