Best state for all around hunting

A place to talk about Deer/Elk Hunting and any other BigGame or Small game hunting Without dogs.
firebird
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Best state for all around hunting

Postby firebird » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:25 pm

If money was no object which state is best for big game hunting (lions, bears black and brown, elk, moose, goats, deer etc) hound hunting (small and big game), pistol carry. No yuppies or democrats.
I want bang for my buck, large acreage. I prefer timber, not big on dry desert and scrub. Looking at Montana.
Im Canadian and saving pennies for some Red white and blue acreage.
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: Best state for all around hunting

Postby david » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:19 pm

You might have to prioritize your list. I can't think of anyplace that has everything on your list, except maybe Canada.

I would be extremely curious to know why you are not considering places in Canada?

If you were trying to find all these things in canada, where would you be looking?

California has sent out missionaries to every mountain state to bring them California politics. The Vote is being taken over. Montana has a powerful California presence. And these people do not assimilate any better than Muslim refugees in Germany. They are not happy until they make the state somewhere they do not want to live, like California, then they move to another state and start over.

Montana does not have everything on your list, but it has a lot of them.
firebird
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby firebird » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:39 pm

Land up here is typically more expensive. Tighter hunting and firearms laws. BC is expensive and liberal, Alberta is expensive, maybe on the decline now. If you think Obamas trying to take your guns you should see some of our laws. Firearms are not rights in canada.
firebird
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby firebird » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:47 pm

BC and Alberta cover a lot of species. Alberta would be my canadian choice Saskatchewan is prairie and lose some species. What about Wyoming or North dakota? or Idaho or Utah (all I know is they have some strange religions).
justahunter
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby justahunter » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:38 pm

Idaho is the state. All but brown bear although we have a ton of brown black bear .
Hunt hard cull hard !
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:58 pm

Hopefully you will get feedback from people in the states you are looking at.

I live in North Dakota and you can mark that one off your list. The game you listed is either absent or scarce, and it is not the type land and trees you want.

The brown bear on your list is probably going to confine you to the states near Yellowstone. And I don't know the current status for hunting grizzlies. It comes and goes.

Idaho has the most wilderness besides Alaska, and has laws favorable to hounds if you live there. Wyoming has good laws but is under pressure from all the Californians who moved to the Jackson area. Things are changing, but you are on the right track I think: Wyoming, Idaho, Montana. The guys from Utah and Nevada will have to tell you about them.

If you get as far as possible from the oil fields land prices won't be as inflated. If you don't need business or work, do a study of the places where the economy is most depressed. There are towns I saw in New Mexico where people just have no way to make money. Those are the areas where you might find land cheeper I think.
fallriverwalker1
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby fallriverwalker1 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:24 pm

david lets don't trump all cali people into one class . understand that cali is a huge state governed by southern cali liberal idots.. what most people don't understand is that I can drive to 5 different states in less time than it takes me to get to los angles // that and hollowood determine our laws in this statejust look and see who supports these animal rights idots.. and who moved to your states and want these changes.. ask them just what part of cali they came from jim
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:38 pm

I understand that Jim. I love so much about California and all my fathers side is there. Spent much time there as a child. If my dad had not become a missionary, I would be growing grapes in Lodi. It is the same issue in most states being controlled by the vote of their biggest cities. We almost need to give each large city it's own state and not allow them to control the things they know and care nothing about.

Now Fargo, which is barely even in North Dakota, and heavily influenced by Minneapolis politics, wants to control the whole state of North Dakota.

It is a broken system. I don't know how to fix it except give the power to the states where it was always supposed to be, and start forming new states like the state of Northern California, and West Minnesota (Fargo).
firebird
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby firebird » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:02 pm

I'll do some looking into Idaho too. Thanks so far guys I appreciate it.
NewMexHunter
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby NewMexHunter » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:43 pm

Sounds like you would love it here in New Mexico. We have from desert oryx, barbary, ibex, whitetail and desert bighorns all the way to elk, mule deer, rocky Mountain bighorns and bear and lion allover the state.
awhoundsandguideserv
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby awhoundsandguideserv » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:34 am

I would say New Mexico or Arizona, both are very similar. As far as number of bears go, New Mexico takes it. But I don't plan on leaving my Great State of AZ anytime soon.
A&W Hounds And Guide Service.
Hunting and Fishing guides in the great state of Arizona.
Nikki Anderson
Home of Hair Of The Dog Outlaw Biggame Kennels.
bluedog4
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby bluedog4 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:52 pm

Southern Alberta, Crows Nest Pass area.
It has everything you have listed except gun laws.
Rossi Ranch Hand 45 Long Colt are legal in Canada
No brainer firebird
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!
Bluedog

Return to “Other Hunting”