A Quiet Kennel ???

Share Ideas, Plans and what ever else about kennels and dog Boxes.
al baldwin
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: A Quiet Kennel ???

Postby al baldwin » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:28 am

Grizzhound12
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Grizzhound12 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:28 pm

How do you rig the sound box to the sprinklers
(Work sucks lets go hunting)
Pwilson
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Pwilson » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:05 am

I use a bull whip and a fan belt I crack that bull whip all the way to there pen yelling shut up and whoop them with the fan belt pretty soon all u have to do is step out side and pop that bull whip and u will here them hit the back of the dog houses that's been the only way I been able to shut them up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
al baldwin
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby al baldwin » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:27 pm

One of the beat cat dogs I ever hunted with died with a deep infection in his lower back. I believe infection was results of correction with fan belt. Sure not my intention to tell any one how to correct your dogs, just compelled to offer my opinion. Thanks Al
dwalton
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby dwalton » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:04 pm

As I have stated before all you have is breeding and training with a dog or person. You can teach a dog most anything if you take the time. I am sure it can be done in many ways. Dewey
buzz
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby buzz » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:41 am

If I had a dog that I had to whip on with a fan belt I would not own it long! Kinda like dragging one around on a leash back to the pickup. That's not going Happen anymore either. After a lot of years I have found a couple lines of dogs that take very little training to get a good handle on them and make it very enjoyable to hunt them.
Nicole Stark
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Nicole Stark » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:28 am

This is an interesting topic. In other working dog applications I have observed many of the same corrective actions offered above:

1. breeding for a more balanced dog thereby achieving greater biddability and a natural resting character.
2. proper management, corrections need to be consistent and above all impressionable.
3. consistency, verboten behaviors simply should not be allowed.
4. making it rain. This was a term I learned from Dick Staal. He discovered through observation that when it rained the dogs were quiet. Similar to the statements made above by those who in effect "make it rain", he achieved success in a very similar way.

I comment on this mostly due to my interest in this subject (I don't care for noisy dogs) but I am interested in management of various behaviors irrespective of the breed. Also, I comment due to piqued curiosity given the similar management techniques that are applied to hounds just as they are with other working dogs.
Nolte
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Nolte » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:57 pm

Nicole had two suggestions that should be considered.

Water is one of my favorite deterrents. The garden hose is ready if the dogs decide to get yappy. A little spray down and they head for their house. Doesn't work with the lab though he gets all wound up to play in the water.

Consistency is the other. Or following up every time you give a command to be quiet. I sometimes get lax with this but try not to. The dogs respect my voice better than any others. I also have a broken ax handle that I bang on a pine tree that seems to convey the message. They know the next step is the water coming out. :|

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
JTG
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby JTG » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:50 pm

Return to “Kennels and Dog Boxes”