Hello

Tell us a little about you and your hounds.
Deano3
Facebook ID: 0

Hello

Postby Deano3 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:32 pm

Hey all, new here.
I’m a lifelong Elk and Mule deer hunter here in Colorado, and I’ve been getting a bit burned out chasing Elk in overcrowded woods every fall.
I’ve always wanted hounds, but life was always getting in the way.However last fall I was offered a couple blue tick females and took the plunge. These girls have changed my life, and I’m certain my better half is really excited about me having a new passion :lol:
At any rate we’ve worked hard the last few months having caught some coon and walked some bobcat trails, even though they were still a bit young and the snow deep. They are naturally talented and I’m excited for fall bobcat/lion season now that they are full grown. I’ve also just picked up a male plott pup, he should have enough wheels under him to keep up this fall.
Looking forward to reading and learning more from you all.

david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: Hello

Postby david » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:52 pm

Hey welcome! I had a wife by the time I got my first hound also. I could say a lot more about that. But instead, will let you enjoy the blissful feeling of young hounds that are going to catch you your first lion this coming season. Those are some really pretty blue dogs. They must be litter mates. Take pictures of the lion and let us enjoy them. Blessings, and be safe.
scrubrunner
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby scrubrunner » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:43 am

Congratulations on your new found passion! Good looking hounds!
David spared preaching to you so I'm going to...a little.
Keep your priorities straight, God, Family, Job, before the hounds. If you have a compulsive nature like myself and I think David does, it is very hard, at times very very hard.
Deano3

Postby Deano3 » Wed May 01, 2019 7:07 pm

Always appreciate free advise! No worries Scrubrunner, I have a business to help run so the jobs a definite priority, we’ve been married twenty years , and me and god have walked through the valley together and came through.
Appreciate the kind words gents.

Return to “Introduce Yourselfâ€