Help save our Bears and Lion from the slaughter by Utah F&G

UtahMule

Re: Help save our Bears and Lion from the slaughter by Utah

Postby UtahMule » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:37 am

Houndsman remember when your out bear hunting next weekend that bear permits went from 419 last year to 540 this year if we over harvest females bear hunting could get as poor as the lion hunting . in 2006 there were only 242 tags so the increases are huge lets do our part to save something for our children.
Bplott
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Bplott » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:26 am

I kno its pretty hard to understand when peple didnt learn from old time houndsmen in the state that refusedto kill females but plane and simple it makes you a "true houndsmen" that enjoys the sport and the ability to have something to chase with you dogs so everyone can enjoy them..... its really sad to say but if the dwr issued 100000 doe tags this year i honest beleave there are dumb enuff people here in utah the would all sell out and 80-90% of the tags would be filled
IF IT SQUATS TO PEE, LET IT BE....
UtahMule

Postby UtahMule » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:58 pm

well said bplott
Cold Track
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Cold Track » Fri May 18, 2012 6:10 pm

My reply is directed to M Evertsen. Your BS meter going off implys that you know something, but I have been in dogs for twenty years and there's always a lot you don't know. Now if I'm wrong correct me, but I believe you've only had dogs for about four years, so that tells me you know little about lion and I'll leave it at that. Secondly you don't live here so you don't know too much about the facts except that you've seen some pics on the internet. Third there are a lot of educated people doing their homework on this problem, not just people spewing out un educated comments. Fourth your state of Nevada if it had the hunting pressure we do here, well you wouldn't be wasting your time feeding your dogs. You should be putting effort to help your state along because nevada is doing their damndest to get rid of all lions. And fifth and most important to anyone who is somewhat new to hounds (had dogs less than 10 ten years) I feel bad for you guys, I really do because you haven't had the chance to see how good the lion hunting can be. Believe me it doesn't have to be a witch hunt to find a lion track. Up into the nineties it was great, you could pass a track to look for a bigger one, and guess what ..... there were more deer! You guys hunting hard ,even just on the weekend should be able to catch 15 + lion a year. But unfortunately you ,not to any fault don't know any better that it can be so much better.
zlr

Postby zlr » Sat May 19, 2012 12:40 am

Well said

Return to “Utah”