Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Mike Root .... one of a kind

Postby Cowboyvon » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:23 pm

Here is a little teaser of a Podcast and Video coming up in the next few weeks

https://youtu.be/ezPsxcbXp3U

Podcast will be on Double U's

Video will be on my youtube channel "Born 100 Years Too Late"
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

Henry David Thoreau
CouesHunter
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Mike Root .... one of a kind

Postby CouesHunter » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:25 am

I met Mike in April of 2013, fella I knew told me about this houndsman near T or C I needed to meet. I contacted Mike and he had some pups, so I loaded up my wife an son and made the drive over. Took a bit to find the place but we finally pulled in mid morning. No one was out so we walked up an knocked on the door. this fella opens the door with a greasy t shirt on with a big hole at belly button height, hair standing straight up an a smile on his face. Mike invited us in, as we walked in I glanced back at my wife who gave me the look of "Im not so sure about this". Mike had a friend there and they had both sat down for mid morning bowl of beans. At that I knew Mike was my kinda guy, haha. They finished up the beans an Mike told me I was just in time to help RE- pull the well cause they forgot to put the check on. We headed to the well pulled it got the check on THEN we went and looked at hounds and puppys. I have not been over since but try to stay in touch over the yrs. Mikes hounds at least then were of the bigger ole fashion looking hound and tough as nails. I believe the daddy of the pups I got name was Lurch. Gus the redtick in the pic is one of them I got from Mike that day, he is now 7 and I cant say enough about him. . Mike if you have any pups down the road give me a holler.
Ralph Harris
tried loading a pic but kept getting an error

Return to “Big Game Hunting With Dogs”