Hunters With Hounds in Nebraska

Talk about Coon Hunting
dylandoering
Facebook ID: 0

Hunters With Hounds in Nebraska

Postby dylandoering » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:46 am

hi everyone, im 14 years old and i really want a hound, if you read this and you own hounds in nebraska or a border state of nebraska could you please message back to me, i would like to purchase a hound this upcoming spring and if anyone who hunts with or breeds hounds i would like to contact you so i can hopefully be able to purchase a hound pup

thanks
dylandoering
StrawberryMt
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Hunters With Hounds in Nebraska

Postby StrawberryMt » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:38 pm

Dylan I live by Tekamah. Give me a call anytime Travis 425-530*6649
Home of the Strawberry Mt line of Treeing walkers

Your either making dust or your eating it
akbruce66
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Hunters With Hounds in Nebraska

Postby akbruce66 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:52 pm

Dylan; I live in Rushville and have bought 3 Walker hounds this year, one for 800 in Lyman WY, and two pups from Craig CO for 300 each. If you can get to the Denver area watch Craigslist, there is a hound rescue group there. Rapid City has a craigslist also. There is KSL classified in Utah with lots of listings from Idaho and Wyoming. There are a lot of hounds that seem to be pets that are a handful for thier owners and are not that expencive but have never been hunted. Ask if they go crazy over a cat, or spend all of thier time outdoors with thier nose to the ground and pulling on the leash. That should mean they could hunt with some training.
I took an old towel to a friend that has lots of house cats and let them sleep on it for several days, then took it home,kept it in a garbage bag and drag it in a field next door. My 4 month old pups can follow it for 200 yards or so, it should be short and happy. You could do the same along any place cars cant go, even if the dog was on a leash, just go slow and let it develop confidence, you also.

Return to “Coon Hunting”