What we expect from our dogs?

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
dwalton
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: What we expect from our dogs?

Postby dwalton » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:54 pm

Todd: I sold two dogs into Montana. One a registered Treeing Walker That I bought as a pup the other a Leopard cur that I also bought as a pup. People see dogs different, here's how I saw them ,the treeing walker was a good young dog a lot of speed and drive on the jump, sticky on the trail and not a box dog at that time. The cur a good bobcat dog catch his own cat both dogs had treed cats by themselves. The Leopard would box good not the best but good. They were about 2 when I sold them. I hunted those two and a year old dog 5 days on there own and caught 4 bobcats. I have sons and daughters out of both of them. To me the Leopard was the best dog and sold them when I was needing to pay bills. Most of my dogs have their blood crossed onto the running dogs. The Leopard was good at adverse conditions [dry ground or dry snow]. My idea of Leopards is different than what I was told about them. They will cold trail { I have caught many bobs that my hounds could not complete with them] but they will not pound a old track out if they can not move it they will not waste time on it. The Leopard was one of the best locating tree dogs on bobcat that I have ever seen. The walker not as good. AS I under stand the Leopard got sold again I would like to know where he went. He was a good dog if one could see it. Dewey
Dads dogboy
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Dads dogboy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:03 pm

Roper,

Please read "Rule" #2 & #3 at the top of the Bobcat section to see why your Post was deleted!

You may use different language to express your feelings about a Member or their Post or go to the "Cage" and use what ever language you choose....but Vulgarity will not be tolerated here as not only is it in BAD taste but we have youngsters reading these pages!
C. John Clay
diamondctv@aol.com
870-223-2063
roper
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000526513842

Postby roper » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:30 pm

put this dam thing in the cage
Dan Edwards
Babble Mouth