!!! The Ultimate Bobcat Dog...Part 1.5 !!!

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
Bneill
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: !!! The Ultimate Bobcat Dog...Part 1.5 !!!

Postby Bneill » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:48 pm

David, can I join your fishing club too? I think I could run for #1 reelizer if given the chance! Lol That was the most creative response to some really poor trash talk I have ever heard. To misspell even your internet warrior handle is hilarious. Keep burning them David.
Goose
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Goose » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:40 pm

Dan McDonough
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dan McDonough » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:44 am

Deadmammal- I have that Mtn. Cur x Stag male going pretty good. He trees and is hunting pretty hard now. He's not broke off of anything at the momment but he's still just having fun and not been made to be serious yet. He's silent on track though I did hear him open a couple of tracks this last week. Just one bark on the open and silent after that. He's a big lump but not nearly as big as his brother, who I just got back today. Finny is the one I raised and Danny is the larger brother at 29" and around 100#. They are both good sized dogs and Finny doesn't have any trouble with the small game around here. I'd have to put him on coyote or bear to see how tough he really is. I sold Finny and am waiting for him to get a ride. I like him but he's a little flat footed in the front. Danny the larger one has not been worked on game, at least not enough to mention. Danny has VERY nice feet and is really easy to handle. He's also house broke, so that's a nice little bonus. The folks that had Danny are divorsing and moving so they asked if I wanted him back. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do. He's a little big for my truck boxes but he's going to have to figure it out. I'm not likely to keep him either but I sure want to know what he does before I put an ad up for him.

The cross fell hard to the Mtn. Cur side (sire) and is just as I expected. I do wish they were a little smaller, for my taste, but I think they would make a lot of people happy. They're good dogs and fun to be around in general. They do have a bad habbit of wanting to get their feet on you when you come to get them off the chain. It's an inborn tendencey that would have to be trained out for the folks that can't stand a dog putting their feet up on them. Finny was the most cold resistant dog on the yard last winter and rarely wanted to stay in his box no matter the temp. That's something to note.

Over all, they are nice but I'm hooked on the BC brain and it looks like even these won't change my mind. I do have an ace up my sleeve though. I have a young friend that has a BC x Mtn. Cur female that is doing really well and I may cross to that dog in the future. I do wish it were a male though...we'll see what comes of that. ;)
I am.

Repeal the 19th Amendment.
Dan McDonough
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dan McDonough » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:56 am

Goose- The male donates all of the DNA for the frontal lobe of the brain. This is where the intelligence, character and emotion (amoung other things) comes from. The female donates all of the DNA for temporal lobe of the brain. This is where memory is and the ability to use the intelligence.

One without the other is just not good enough. The balance this provides is just another beautiful thing in nature. We still have to have great dogs on both sides of a cross, but with this information, it's a lot easier to see just how each of the sexes needs to be weighted.

Occationally, a pair of mediocre dogs make phenomenal pups. I think this is possible if the male has great intelligence but a poor memory and the female has a great memory but poor intelligence. Togther they can make pups that have both because of the above theory.

I say theory because I can't find the dang paper that explained this, even though I have two Dr.'s looking for scholarly works that speak to this. I think I was reading up on some ancient human history when I happened upon a link to this mystery paper but I do enough of that type of reading that I can not remember my way back to where I found it. :(
I am.

Dan McDonough
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dan McDonough » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:23 am

Goose- An extra thought here. The brain thing applies equally to humans. Because you can relate and communicate so much more with another human, you "know" them better than you would a dog. Not to mention that we live much longer an have to time to lay out much more evidence about who we are. Anyhow, you can apply this brain inheritance theory to people and learn a lot more about how it works.

Here's a good case study. A person that I grew up with has a very intelligent father and a useless idiot for a mother. She is very smart but has a very poor memory. She ended up being the type of person that can figure anything out...eventually, but even though she is in her late 40's, no one would ever think of her and the word wise together for any reason. She is a good example of the imbalance of good genes for the brain. Without both, it's nothing but trouble.

The point is, you can look across your own experiences with people you know and see the evidence. Pretty cool piece of information, eh ? ;)
I am.

Goose
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Goose » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:21 pm

I was thinking something along those lines myself just from what I’ve read, it’s pretty hard to find anything about this topic, I’m canines and humans, have you looked into what characteristics and traits come from the mitochondrial DNA that only comes from the mother...
Leapordcur1

Postby Leapordcur1 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:48 pm

David your laughing at me after baiting your dumb asses like a goldfish? You best be going back to the 8th grade you graduated from for another refresher course.

Then the funniest part world known experts like you take genetic and breeding lessons from a stay at home dad that doesn't hunt and dogs suck. Keep trying girls maybe you'all will find another John Wick to rip off what he learned from breeding and hunting day and night.

There ain't one piece of evidence of these ultimate dogs even catching a squirrel or a cold let alone a wild cat. Keep dreaming and keep smiling ghey boys.
Dan McDonough
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dan McDonough » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:48 pm

How about you state your real name, or do you want me to do it for you?
I am.

david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:02 pm

Last edited by david on Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
deadmammal
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby deadmammal » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:52 pm

David, that was as good of a response as you could give to that kind of post.

He’s not the only one spitting venom over this whole topic, it makes me curious as to why. I guess that’s another discussion point for a different topic.

Having read your response David, I would categorize myself in the same way. As I do not breed much simply because the best dogs I ever saw always let me down when I went to breeding them. I like to learn is one reason I am enjoying this post and another is I still plan on making some crosses in the future if the right dogs come along. A man can never have to much information, it’s up to him to decide what parts are valid or not.
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:12 pm

Last edited by david on Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Irish Jack
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Irish Jack » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:28 am

This is for the child of god.
â—„ 1 Thessalonians 4:11 â–º

"and to seek earnestly to be quiet and mind your own affairs, and work with your own hands, even as we charged you"

Getting in a pissing match on the computer and bring gods name into it does not elevate your status IMHO.
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:33 am

twist
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby twist » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:03 pm

Keep up the entertainment it a good read guys. Alot of wisdom here!
The home of TOPPER AGAIN bred biggame hounds.
Leapordcur1

Postby Leapordcur1 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:54 pm

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Huntingâ€