Bobcat hunting in Mississippi

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
Ball peen

Bobcat hunting in Mississippi

Postby Ball peen » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:49 pm

I’m looking to start bobcat hunting in central Mississippi with hounds. I’ve coon hunted my whole life and ran deer dogs a good part of my life. I know I need running hounds but I am looking for a finished dog to start with something that will run a cat so I can start my own pups and get a pack built up.
macedonia mule man
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Bobcat hunting in Mississippi

Postby macedonia mule man » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:32 am

Ball Peen, it can be done but I haven’t done what I set out to do 15 yrs ago. Good luck. Keep me posted from time to time.
Ball peen

Postby Ball peen » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:45 am

Mule man, thank you sir! Where u from
macedonia mule man
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby macedonia mule man » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:57 pm

I’m from Gonzales la, and do a lot of dog running in south west Mississippi in the Hommochitto National Forrest. Where will you be running, Mississippi is full of dog runners from Tenn. to the Gulf Coast.
Ball peen

Postby Ball peen » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:14 pm

I know right where you are. Did some work in a mill there. I’m from Quitman me about 25 miles south of meridian. I hunt anywhere I can. I’m in a couple hunting clubs local but am getting in a bigger club here soon (around 10,000 acres.)
macedonia mule man
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby macedonia mule man » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:19 pm

Ran deer dogs around Porterville and Electric Mills back in Early 60s.
Ball peen

Postby Ball peen » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:11 am

I use to go threw electric mills every weekend in the summer. We would go to Macon hunting
Goose
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Goose » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:08 pm

Straight down the interstate from you from about Wiggins on down to poplarville and all east of there all the way down to the coast is dog hunting clubs, one of the last pockets of die hard hound running cultures and lifestyles left in the south east, lots of and lots of private timber company land hunting clubs and the desoto National forest is intermingled all through it, all through our that area you’ll have no trouble finding clubs you can join or even the NF land and being as your not pursuing deer you’ll be even more welcomed to join nearly any of them, if your interested I can get you number from a great guy who lives in that area who could put you in touch with different club presidents...
macedonia mule man
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby macedonia mule man » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:36 am

Thanks Goose, but I have all the running grounds I need . About a half day hunt is all I can handle. Two or three times a week and I’m caught up on my dog running. I started something this morning at 4:07 and caught up at 5:22. What ever it was got out too far ahead, started out really good, ended up just following and opening here and there. Finally picked up on gravel road and you could tell they had no idea where it went. I’m back at camp cooking breakfast, bow hunters will be moving in a little before daylight. This time of year I hunt from 2:00 am till daylight.

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Huntingâ€