got a new pup!!

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
stacey robeson
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

got a new pup!!

Postby stacey robeson » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:44 pm

Well I finally got another pup. She is lipper on the mothers side and mel white x blankenship on the fathers side, she's a long legged,tight footed little pistol she's about three months old an darn fast. I've only done meat drags with her so far about every 2 or 3 days and she has only made one loose so far but I kinda got ahead of my self and made it to hard because she drifts with her head high half of the time, but I walked it out with her so we still finished the track. I've started over with hounds so she is the only dog I have and will keep it that way tell she's 2 or 3 or finished which ever comes first before I get another, that way I will endevor to only have true start to finish hounds. I figure with only one dog I know exactly what is is or isn't doing. Thanks to those who have given me so much great advise an help finding the pup I was looking for. I hope to put some pics up soon but I don't have internet at home so it may take a couple of weeks.
hunt like you meen it!
Mr.pacojack
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000463480608

Re: got a new pup!!

Postby Mr.pacojack » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:09 am

Good luck with your new pup sounds like a good one
LIGHTNING RIDGE KENNELS
Walker breeding at it's best
Used to Catch Big Game
Our choice is as simple as Black and White
Devin Staker
970-756-5998
http://www.forum.workingdogsworldwide.com/
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:15 pm

I dont know mel whites dogs and never hunted lipper dogs on bobcat, but I hunted with Elmer Blankenship and the hammer dog. I am sure your dog has Hammer in it if it has Blankenship blood. as far as I know there is not any better bobcat blood for the area you are hunting.

I dont know too many people that have so easily caught so many bobcats that they are pretty much bored with bobcat hunting and look for a little variety with coyotes or something that will run faster. That describes Elmers son, Kevin. He CATCHES coyote with the very same dogs.

Elmer was not doing so well the last I heard. We will lose a great old full-time bobcat hunter when we lose him.
jcathunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 1654317690

Postby jcathunter » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:22 pm

David, we lost Elmer a couple months ago. We definately lost one of the best, thats for sure.

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Hunting”