Tracking collar battery replacement

Amonty
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Tracking collar battery replacement

Postby Amonty » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:52 pm

Anyone ever replaced the battery on their tracking collar rather then send it in? Any guidance would be great. :shock:
Jeff Shaw NM
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: Tracking collar battery replacement

Postby Jeff Shaw NM » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:15 pm

I've done it many times & the best advise I could give is just to say it's well worth the cost to have it done... As houndoggers we usually don't have the right tools for the job.
Heck the cost of a 3.6 volt D or C battery alone is half the cost! If your time is worth anything to ya it's actually cheaper to send it in. JMO Later, Jeff
hossndogs

Postby hossndogs » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:15 am

a little band saw helps to cut the battery out then get you a piece of pvc pipe that the battery will fit in....solder the wires together......make you a mold out of masking tape and fill with 5 min. opoxy.....trim to shape with dremal tool
M Evertsen
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby M Evertsen » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:29 pm

I sent mine in to Klein's to get fixed. I shipped them 3 day ground. He got it in the morning, it was in the mail the next morning, and I had it 2 days later. 6 days out of my hands, and it was done right. Well worth it IMO.

Later,

Marcial
The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor. - Vince Lombardi

Return to “DIY (Do it Yourself)â€