BGH/Double U -- 2012 Youth scholarship.

General DiscussionForum
Buddyw
Site Admin
Site Admin
Facebook ID: 100000011567041

BGH/Double U -- 2012 Youth scholarship.

Postby Buddyw » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:20 pm

We had that Youth Fundraiser a while ago, and I haven't found any thing to do with it. So I've decided to do a BGH/Double U Hunting Scholarship. For Kids that are interested in Taking professions that will help our Hunting Heritage.

I want to find a youth that is going to college for something to do with wildlife studies. It can be anything to do with Hunting and wildlife and getting smart Bright young people in positions to help fight the Anti's. Biology, enforcement, even Law, or legislation.

Please provide details and a short summary of what clases you are attending, which classes you have attended,

Your GPA for School. (High School and College)
Why you have chosen your selected study.

And anything else that you feel would qualify you for this Scholarship.

If there is anyone who can help me create an official application and review them I would appreciate it.

Buddy
Unreal_tk
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: BGH/Double U -- 2012 Youth scholarship.

Postby Unreal_tk » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:15 pm

You might have them submit a resume type style with a mission statement? Just an idea. The scholarship idea is great in my opinion. Maybe if they are a non hound hunter type also try to get a local hunter from here to take them out on a trip? Most will already have hounds I assume but maybe a different style hunt nearby even. Just another idea.
livetohunt
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby livetohunt » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:23 am

Buddy thats one of the best ideas you have come up with on here. Maybe we could do something each yr to keep this going.
nhunter84
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby nhunter84 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:22 pm

Great idea!
Mackdog

Postby Mackdog » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:56 pm

Great idea. Make sure the applicants have a real passion for outdoors and/or hunting. Get a feel for their view of hound hunting and make sure its not a stereotype. There's some smart kids, smart people and plenty of scams nowadays. If someone googled "scholarship" this thread would be found at some point. I suggest meeting or talking to them on the phone.

Good luck!

Return to “General Forum”