Garmin Response: Astro 320 (220 VHF and Coax issue)

This is an area for Helping with Garmin Questions, Any posted References or posted Advertisements for selling Products will be removed. This is not a Place to Post your items for Sale, or Ask where to buy products.
Buddyw
Site Admin
Site Admin
Facebook ID: 100000011567041

Garmin Response: Astro 320 (220 VHF and Coax issue)

Postby Buddyw » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:49 pm

houndnem
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: Garmin Response: Astro 320 (220 VHF and Coax issue)

Postby houndnem » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:33 am

how can I tell if my coaxe is broken on my 220? I change from my stock antenna to a long range frequently. Last week my power went way down. I can only read dogs a couple hundred yards away and cank even get a signal at all on some of my collars.
"Houndn'Ems Blueticks" if it smells like a cat, they'll catch it.
Steve White
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Garmin Response: Astro 320 (220 VHF and Coax issue)

Postby Steve White » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:03 pm

Normally the dead give away is the connector will be loose. With the antenna off simply try to wiggle it. If it moves it may be broken. Always a good idea to check, and tigheten the nut before it becomes a problem. Antenna's only need to go on 2 finger tight. Just make good contact.

Sudden drop in range on all collars normally something is broke. Could even be as simple as the antenna itself. Given other antennas have been tested. Everything is updated. Then the unit would be the problem. If the connector did break you can and will still receive from some distance. If any contact is being made the range will be a bit longer. If no contact at all. Range will be very short.
Steve White
White's Woods & Waters
http://www.whiteswoodsandwaters.com
steve@whiteswoodsandwaters.com
715-892-0032

Return to “Garmin Astro Help Topics”