Alphas went haywire yesterday

This is an area for Helping with Garmin Questions, Any posted References or posted Advertisements for selling Products will be removed. This is not a Place to Post your items for Sale, or Ask where to buy products.
bowtech36
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Alphas went haywire yesterday

Postby bowtech36 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:44 pm

Me and a buddy went out and our alphas went wacky. It started by two of his collars not linking then later we dumped and I lost my dogs at 375 yards and his at 759 yards. I would occassionlyu pick them up and lose them same spot. For a couple hours he could live track the dogs in that same location but one by one they showed up on the road but his alpha still showed them running on the m.t I had signal on one treed at 3/4 mile but he was 30 feet from me. My dog was supposedly 800 yards below me but in found him 400 yards behind me on the highway. We were getting false readings the whole time? Now that if us have ever had a problem before. Signals never changed even after loading up every dog
Mike Beaudette
Rshcwisdom
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Alphas went haywire yesterday

Postby Rshcwisdom » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:06 pm

Had this same thing happen a month ago with one of my collars. Dog showed he was 900 and some yards below us in a canyon, called him out to the road but his position never changed. Tried turning the collar off and then back on, didn't change the dogs position. Ended up having to delete the collar from my alpha and then link it back up. After that all was well and I haven't had a problem since. One of those glitches that makes me think I should still run tag-alongs just in case.
bowtech36
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Alphas went haywire yesterday

Postby bowtech36 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:36 pm

We both run telemetry back ups, but it was too much of a coincidence that both our units and collars failed to work same day and time. Felted and added collars six or seven times in the morning trying to get two of his to link up.
Mike Beaudette

Return to “Garmin Astro Help Topics”