320- Rubber whip works, but long range doesnt??

This is an area for Helping with Garmin Questions, Any posted References or posted Advertisements for selling Products will be removed. This is not a Place to Post your items for Sale, or Ask where to buy products.
chasinfur
Facebook ID: 0

320- Rubber whip works, but long range doesnt??

Postby chasinfur » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:47 pm

I use to use a long range roof mount all the time, and the hand held extendable once in a while they worked good when the rubber whip wasnt enough but now i can be right on top or a ways from of my collars and the whip tracks fine, but soon as I screw on either long range antenna it looses coms till i put the whip back on. Any ideas???? My old 220 started loosing distance once it got old, but cant understand why it seems like its not liking the long range antennas all the sudden.
Bearhunter247
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 100001680361536

Re: 320- Rubber whip works, but long range doesnt??

Postby Bearhunter247 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:07 am

Make sure the little brass nut on the GPS is screwed all the way down it's on the screw that u thread your antenna onto if is not down tight the pin in the center of the antenna may not be going down for a good connection my truck antennas seemed to have longer pins then the rubber antennas from garmin
tater
chasinfur

Postby chasinfur » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:40 pm

Good idea thank you! Garmin sayin update it, that seems to be thieir fix for everything.
chasinfur

Postby chasinfur » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:13 am

Return to “Garmin Astro Help Topics”