Alpha 100 screen

This is an area for Helping with Garmin Questions, Any posted References or posted Advertisements for selling Products will be removed. This is not a Place to Post your items for Sale, or Ask where to buy products.
dirtdodge
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Alpha 100 screen

Postby dirtdodge » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:46 pm

On my alpha handheld, the screen almost seems to have something pushing down on it. Like ur finger is on the screen but you're not touching the screen. I've updated it, took the battery out and cleaned it up... according to Garmin support. Nothing has helped it. Any advice?
Thanks Justin
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: Alpha 100 screen

Postby pegleg » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:09 am

If your talking about a black spot that seems very common with them. And so far as I've heard replacing the unit is the next step. I had one where it started out small and gradually grew to most of the screen. One that just developed a large spot and have heard of and seen others with the problem. I thought it might be caused by excess pressure or damage on my first. But I'm no longer sure that's the only cause
dirtdodge
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby dirtdodge » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:53 pm

Thanks pegleg.... I haven't noticed a black dot yet but I'll look again. Its almost like something is stuck between the edge of the hand-held and screen. Right where the two meet. But I'm not sure.
Its almost like always having an invisible finger on the touch screen and trying to do everything you normally do but it won't let you because the invisible finger is still pushing on the screen. If that makes sense. Or if you get water between the plastic screen protector of your phone and the screen and it doesn't really work right....
Mondomutruner

Postby Mondomutruner » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:54 pm

I've had a balsam needle get stuck on the edge of the screen (could not see it) and cause the same problem. Get something very thin and try to clean out the edges.
dirtdodge
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby dirtdodge » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:24 am

Thank u! I'll try that.

Return to “Garmin Astro Help Topics”