Breeding. Raising, starting, culling

A place to Talk about Fox Hunting and Running Dogs.
al baldwin
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: Breeding. Raising, starting, culling

Postby al baldwin » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:46 pm

[quote="undertheradar"][quote=".

I have seen a lot of registered dogs that have the moves and just lack the nose. I also think if someone let those hot nose dogs run loose from pups, their nose would develop more than it does in the pens._______________ All I was saying in my post under walker dogs, is the same thing. In my limited experience with the registered Treeing Walkers, they have shown about the same nose, when given time and exposure as the dogs they were hunted with. Thanks Al
undertheradar
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby undertheradar » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:19 pm

Dan Edwards
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Dan Edwards » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:06 pm

perk,

The problem I have hear where I run is that our dogs have to cast a lot and go miles sometimes without ever jumping. We may run 10-15 miles of creeks and ditch lines before we ever get a jump. Sometimes on the 2nd or 3rd day its hard to convince them to get gone if they aint mega tough. Sure if set on a track they would take it without question. Prolly just a difference in amount of game and the country we run.
dwalton
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby dwalton » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:26 pm

Dan: How does it work free casting and running coyotes with private property? As I understand there is not a lot of public property out there. Dewey
Dan Edwards
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Dan Edwards » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:08 pm

I grew up around here and everybody knows me. I pretty much mean everybody. I played football and wrestled here. I came back and coached all their kids and my kids are now playing sports with pretty much everybody's kids so its all good. I also run a grain elevator and I know every farmer for a 50 mile radius. Plus I drink beer with all of them and most of them are friends of mine or my friends are married to their daughters. Needless to say I don't really have to ask permission. They see me and they stop and ask if I'm killin any. I honestly cant think of a single person who is angry with me or anybody that has ever been really. We respect the ground and we don't drive across any fields ever unless they are solid.

Return to “Fox Hunting”