brad and sam

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
Varminator
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: brad and sam

Postby Varminator » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:08 am

Just woke up from a nap, well Mark told you about the 1 track Sam treed!! I know it was a cat but could see the animal.
Started another that Sam trailed about 400yrds then I picked him up. He was on the same Cat that Bess lost in a hole in the rocks and he was heading that way.
I came home tired and dishearten after we couldn't score that tree.

I had a Great Time helping JC and meeting other hunters and watching their Dogs work.
I hope this will continue on and more will enter, some rules may have to be tweaked alittle but keeping it simple as possible, I feel is best!!

Congratulations to "Ringer" for holding on, and to his trainer JC Padgett. The time spent hunting each dog as an individual , I feel helps the dog and helps you understand the dog.
If your coming, come on!!! "A Thousand mile journey, Starts with a single step".
1bludawg
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby 1bludawg » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:10 am

Congratulations to JC on his win !
catdog360
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby catdog360 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:44 am

Good to all that made this happen. But what do I do now at work since the competition is over? I guess talk smack that the blue dogs got schooled by the spotted dogs :agmnt .

All in fun great job Jc and everyone that had the guts to enter.

Mic O'Brien
cobalt
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby cobalt » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:22 am

Good job spotted dogs.
catdog360
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby catdog360 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:52 am

You'll always have the upper hand blue guys, our spotted dogs wouldn't be here if not for the English Blueticks.

Mic O'Brien
johnadamhunter
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby johnadamhunter » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:20 pm

THANKS!!! to all who made this competition such a great success. Even though I am over 1000 miles away I felt involved and always anxious to get the next update. I hope there will be another next year. I think all the participants are to be commended for putting it all on the line and 'publicly' taking one dog out and showing everyone what it can do and why they feed it.

Special congratulations to the winner! Great job.

I certainly don't want to neglect to thank those who gave up their valuable hunting time and family time to be witnesses on these hunts.

I would like to make one request. Most of you guys probably know the dog that won and some may have even hunted with it. I have not had the privilege nor do I expect to have it.
If you would please post some info about the dog, age, weight, height, personality, natural pros and cons, breed and breeding behind it. I'm sure there are a lot of guys who would be interested in knowing more. I certainly would.

Thanks again and good things to all of you who were involved,

John Sumrall
601-422-3335

ps: A pic of the dog would be nice too.
Varminator
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Varminator » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:17 pm

Dewey, We like to hunt at night because, there is some kind of Elk or Deer Season going on around here most of the year and the hunters are everywhere. Also the Logging activity with equip., trucks, saws, whistles and loggers, makes it harder to hear and enjoy the hunt.
Yes it is sometimes harder to see the animal at night and sometimes all you can see is an eye, but I like the silence of the night and the only thing you hear is the dog. JMO!!

John, I'll tell JC to post a picture of Ringer!!!!
If your coming, come on!!! "A Thousand mile journey, Starts with a single step".
jcathunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 1654317690

Postby jcathunter » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:30 pm

JC, if you guys do this next year, you should get a couple guys who would be willing to video some of the hunts. If a person got creative, it would make a good dvd at the end. Lots of work but still very neat to see.

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Hunting”