Bobcat hunting- mike kemp dogs

Tell us a little about you and your hounds.
rickyfarrell10
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: Bobcat hunting- mike kemp dogs

Postby rickyfarrell10 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:55 pm

I know a few guys that have got a few of the kemp bred dogs for bear hunting. They have turned out to be some of the best dogs. I have ever hunted with. If I had a chance I would definitely get a Kemp dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lionhunter78
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby lionhunter78 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:19 pm

Yeah like I said there’s good and bad dogs in every breed but that kemp will screw you if you he gets a chance, lot of guys get good and bad dogs from this guy he offers guarantees but he only likes to sell on the East coast mainly, it’s a wonder why my guess if someone’s not satisfied it’s too much of a hassle to return
snowshoe

Postby snowshoe » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:25 pm

well I know several guys that bought dogs from Mike and everyone was happy with their dog.
lionhunter78
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby lionhunter78 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:22 am

Some people are easy to please also
snowshoe

Postby snowshoe » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:47 am

Well based on your past posts I’m guessing you’re either jealous of a guy that made a name for himself or you got the best dogs in Oregon.
Bon Plott
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Bon Plott » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:47 am

Not taking sides. Just observation of the ones I seen in ny and ontario. Some make usable dogs some don't. Have not heard of a "rockstar" type pack leader. The ones I know of were used on bear and coyote, don't know of any tried on cats personally. In these parts you can buy a damn fine broke finished 3 year old bear or yote hound for less than those pups. Too many people caught up in the hype if you ask me.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Toolman94

Postby Toolman94 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:49 pm

My honest option is I have personally had 2 choice pups from Mike over the last 6 years and my third dog is being delivered in the next couple weeks the dog hauler is in route. I only hunt bear and hunt hard at least 3 days a week all year around and everyday during kill season in NC. I’m very picky and cull a lot of dogs every year because of craping in my box, not handling like I would like them to handle, weak mouths, not gritty enough and he definitely won’t stay if he leaves a bear on the ground. I hunt more like a cat or fox hunter all my dogs learn to trail whether they have hotter noses or colder noses. If I’m carrying 12 dogs or 5 dogs they all get turned out on a striked track from the road or on a bait Pile and free casting. The first dogs that I received were good dogs and by the time they were a 1 1/2 to 2 years old they could do it by their self if they had too, verdict is out on the upcoming dog but if you hunt them with good dogs that won’t leave a bear on the ground even mean sow that likes to run dogs down they will turn out to make good dogs. But with that being said most good bred puppies from anyone stock will be the same way. The key is not hunting with trashy dogs and you have to put in the time with any dog to make good dogs and that includes culling dogs and not breeding crap!!!! Not trying to offend anyone on the site but over the last 10 to 12 years in NC we have had a lot of guys that are Facebook hunters and very rarely spend any time in the woods with the dogs to see how they handle certain situations at the tree, on the ground, trailing, and all aspects of hunting and training, I sure it is the same all across the US not just in NC. Just my two cents and hope everyone has good hunting and stays safe!!!

Northrunner
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Northrunner » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:35 pm

One mans junk is another mans treasure..
Somewhere along the lines the kemp dog hype took off for some reason and I’m guessing it wasn’t because he was selling a bunch of mediocre culls for a hoarhouse price.
final step

Postby final step » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:19 pm

CAUTION! Around my neck of the woods There seems to be a lot of Kemp dogs that did not come from three bears kennel.

raisinriver
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby raisinriver » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:29 am

I agree with the caution I had a fella that hunts with us a couple times a year ask about breeding his kemp male that he got from a guy that got it from a guy who got it from kemp to a registered old blood female I have he asked me what the breeding was on my female I told him kemp he was doing back flips then I told him the the real breeding and he said I see what you mean a lot of dogs are being sold with no papers telling people what they want to hear

On another note if that dog he has is really a kemp dog he seems to go alright and that fella is happy with him

mike gagne
raisinriver redbones
martintown ontario
canada (613)528-7556
Katmandoo
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Katmandoo » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:13 pm

Don’t get on here much. Now I remember why!!! I’ve seen a lot of dogs before. But I’m telling you lionhunter these dogs are all for real. I’ve gotten 4 and between me and a small group I’ve seen over a dozen. ALL of them are hammers!! We run 6 days a week put 10-15 miles a day on the dogs easily in the winter. Running in 6 ft high red briar clear cuts or jungle thick swamps. Day after day after day. You act like dogs like that are a dime a dozen. Simply not so... I’ve seen these dogs catch in stuff I was sure was simply not possible. If you attempt to walk in that stuff you come out laying down a blood trail yourself. They will put on a chase and catch in that stuff then proceed to do it for 5 more days straight. I’ve seen plenty of hounds that jump 2 days in a row and that stuff and you couldn’t drag them out for a third and usually were down for three days. I not looking for a fight but if your gonna spew a bunch of nonsense better know what your taking about. Just remember 12 outta 12 and all hammers...... I don’t think Kemp is a god but he always done good by us.
rum3002576
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby rum3002576 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:02 pm

How’s those dogs doing this year? Kinda been messed up weather
justahunter
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby justahunter » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:04 pm

I have tried 2 dogs that were supposed to been kemp bred. The one wouldn't do anything and the other tried killing my pups. I don't think they were Kemp bred dogs. Just someone throwing that name on them to move them.
I have tried to buy pups from kemp. He has a 2 yr waiting list and wants anywhere from 1500 to 3000 a pup. He will not leave them intact. I even asked him how much for one left intact and he said he wouldn't do it. He could have sold me a pup or two but I refused to buy one that's fixed. I have heard he sells intact pups only back east. Not sure if thats true. I live in Idaho. It was like he was trying to talk me out of buying one. It was almost a no from any angle I came at him about buying one.
So i don't know what that's all about but he talked me right out of buying any ever. I have nothing against him and i do believe he has some good breeding going to be able to turn down good money for a puppy.
Hunt hard cull hard !
runninman
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby runninman » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:50 pm

B
Last edited by runninman on Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
justahunter
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby justahunter » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:25 pm

I didn't say anything bad about him or his dogs. Read it man. All I said was I will never own one because he will not sell one intact no matter the money. I wouldn't be asking about them if I didn't think they were any good.
Hunt hard cull hard !

Return to “Introduce Yourselfâ€