Foxhounds

Share your hunts and discuss your dogs
Lynxhunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Foxhounds

Postby Lynxhunter » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:36 pm

I'm sheering for you Kirpa. Would like to see some hunting pictures of your pup and a redfox!!
I planned to do some dogrunning through the Holydays to, not allowed to hunt though, but no laws against running hounds, but I'm holed up putting wood into my stove...., eastern winds from Siberia brought the temperature down to - 23 C pluss a 12 m/s wind this evening and thats to cold for me..... Even got a bad ass crust on the surface, turning the snow into ten racorblades every time the hounds make a step...
The forecast showes some hope tomorrow, so I'll get up early and look for a lyxtrack if it heates up a bit and we get som fresh snow to cover the crust.

Good luck hunting,
Hans
"I'd like to tell you 'bout a known bunch of foxhounds I've got. Ol' Rain, ol' Tiger n' ol' Rover. When we started out 'cross them Georgia hills huntin' them foxes, it sounded somethin' like this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syc3jKGffHQ"

Shorty Medlocke
kirpa
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby kirpa » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:23 pm

Greetings from Finland Lynxhunter. This morning it was minus 25C here and fresh powder snow everywhere. We waited to 10 am before we started looking tracks(my car didn't started earlier). Now it's minus 10C and fresh snow is comming down from the sky. Tomorrow's coditions will be like straight from foxhunters daydream but i know we will f.ck up it somehow like we always do :D .
kirpa
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby kirpa » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:01 pm

This is just not real. Third day of running and same fox but it's still alive!!
It have been shot twise and always it just keeps running. Maybe i need to get better shooters or try to do some black magic to turn my luck around.
Well now i start drinking and wish you all happy new year.
kirpa
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby kirpa » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:05 pm

Well new year and new disapointments. No fox kills yet but we got two raccoondogs last sunday. My grand old man german pointer (12 years old) got the first one. Second one made a little escape but we got it too. It made almost a mile run before it went underground. Luckily my dogs were right after it and it was so easy to put some smoke between it's ears. I was so impressed and happy that it was a miracle that i remember to took some videos about the action. Here it is my dachhund and plott baying a raccoondog in drain. It's not hard to hear witch one is witch.
Majestic Tree Hound
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Majestic Tree Hound » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:13 pm

Please Kirpa, Let me Send you a Hound !!!!!!!! I won't charge you A Dime for the Hound !!!
Figgure about $1,500 US dollars for Shipping .. This is a 100# hound .. But he is Fixed .. 3 years old ... His Name is "Saltlicks Tree Nailor"
I Just ask for a Finish Hound in return !! I will send you a Hound ready to Roll those Raccoondogs !!!!

Nailor is on the Right Side He is totaly House Broke and loves watching TV on the Couch.

Steve Morrow "Saltlick Majestic's"
"Never Have Hounds Or Kids And You Won't Get Your Heart Broke"!!

Salt Lick Kennels

Bawling Tree Kennels

Sunrise Outfitting

Canine Training Academy - Co.

The Mara Conservancy - Kenya Africa
waylon
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby waylon » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:06 pm

Good video there kirpa, I will say there are many different opions on what you need or what will work for you.I do think i'll be trying to get me some of those pen-marydels just because i like to look at them and there somthing different :lol:, they will look good parked by some trigg crossed dogs in my yard. I do hope you find what your looking for and hope you keep after them.

God Bless
ROMANS 3:24
LET YOUR HOUNDS DO THE BRAGGING
kirpa
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby kirpa » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:33 am

I would take that dog in a heart beat, but mrs said no more dogs in near future. Does that dog run fox also?
Steve are you going to change hunting style, because you are asking some Finnish hounds? They are hare hounds mainly and true foxlines are rare. When you take finnish pup it's gambling do you get foxhound or harehound and mostly you get harehound.
If you really want one I can check it out how we can ship one for you.
Here is link for wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_Hound
Larry Emery
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Larry Emery » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:38 am

Kirpa; Could you tell us a bit about the finnish hound, are they gritty at all, how about there cold trailing abilities, or anything else that you can think of about them? They sure are some good lookin hounds.
kirpa
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby kirpa » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:18 am

I think grit and finnish hound can't be used on same sentence. There are some lines that can have some kind of grit, but most the dogs i have seen wont even bite dead hare. I think these dogs are running machines and they can run whole day. If you shoot the hare it's running, dog can just snif it and start to look new one.
Our hare hunters style of hunting is that they release one hound and sit on their asses while dog seeks tracks near by forrest.
Here is some hare hunting videos and there you can watch clips finnish hound at work.
http://www.videoita.fi/videot.php?cat=Jänisvideot.
(if the link won't work just go http://www.videoita.fi and press "Jänisvideot" link on side bar)

More pictures can be found by google. Just type "Suomenajokoira" and there they are. I think it's hard to find english texts about our national hound because men who work with them are no computer genuises or can speak good english.
kirpa
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby kirpa » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:20 am

Here is a trophy photo with those raccoondogs that dogs were baying on that video.
Majestic Tree Hound
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Majestic Tree Hound » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:26 pm

Great foto Kirpa !!!!!! I sure like the speed on the Finnish Hounds !!!! Fast and Heads up and thoseare some Fast Hares too..

I know of alot of hare hunter that would kill for some !!
Steve Morrow "Saltlick Majestic's"
"Never Have Hounds Or Kids And You Won't Get Your Heart Broke"!!

Salt Lick Kennels

Bawling Tree Kennels

Sunrise Outfitting

Canine Training Academy - Co.

The Mara Conservancy - Kenya Africa

Return to “Running Dogs”