Garmin DC40 Review and new Garmin Loaner Program.

Site News and Announcements
Buddyw
Site Admin
Site Admin
Facebook ID: 100000011567041

Garmin DC40 Review and new Garmin Loaner Program.

Postby Buddyw » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:28 am

So lots of Deals out there on Garmin DC30's..

I'm offereing a New program. It's a Loaner program. You'll pay Shipping to and From, with a small Deposit or a credit Card on file (in case you decide not to return it) and I'll send you a Loaner system so you can keep hunting while you send in your system for repair.

Unfortunately I do price match, However the loaner program will not be given to Price match customers.. (Your choice.. Sweet Price deal, or Excellent customer service...)

Expect this new program to be up and running By the end of the month. I'm trying to build up some extra units now and sending some in for repair to use as a loaner program.

Lastly, Here is a Review of the DC40 from a Guy that's been field testing them for the Last couple months.. He is not impressed and is very disappointed with it.. Only good reviews I can find on them are from those that are selling them.. LionCountry, GunDogSupply, Conkeys.. Etc.. All these guys are puffing them up pretty good.. I'd rather not do that and Be honest with folks..

http://garminastrodog.com/garmin-astro-dc40-reviews/

Buddy
George Streepy
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Garmin DC40 Review and new Garmin Loaner Program.

Postby George Streepy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:47 am

Do they have a plan to discontinue the DC-30?
Buddyw
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Buddyw » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:17 am

Yes.. Unfortunately DC30's will be discontinued in December. Unless Garmin Changes something.. (Which I hope I'm wrong about this) Garmin if your listening.. Please Keep the DC30's and Talk to us before you come out with the DC50..:D

Also any input on the Loaner program would be appreciated, I'm trying to put together all the details.. If I'm missing something you guys need let me know!
George Streepy
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby George Streepy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:34 am

I have never had a problem with my Garmin stuff. I plan on buying another combo with a DC-30 for an extra when we are on snowmobiles. But if you want to just send me one as a long term loaner, I'd be cool with that. :D
Buddyw
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Buddyw » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:36 am

Note to self... Set some kind of Limits.. :D see now that's the advice I need.. I forgot I'm dealing with a bunch of Broke hound guys!! :D
George Streepy
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby George Streepy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:55 am

So is that a NO?
huntwithkids
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby huntwithkids » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:59 am

I like the idea. There is nothing worse then waiting for equipment to come back in the middle of hunting season. I don't know how Garmin is to deal with on repairs, but even a couple of weeks, which would be amazingly fast, would suck when you want to be hunting. I can't afford backup stuff for everything so being able to get a loaner while yours is fixed would be great.
SW Washington
Hunt with the little ones, don't forget the snacks
chrismack

Postby chrismack » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:22 am

I just sent a collar and a 220 in took five days paid extra for shipping but was worth it.
inchtowntracking
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby inchtowntracking » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:15 pm

Sent in a collar and an astro and just did the replace option and had it at my door in five days without paying extra. So they are pretty fast, but it is hard to get them on the phone. I just used email and found out what to do that way.
slowandeasy
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby slowandeasy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:28 pm

boy i really like the whole idea of the garmins. but i haven't had that much trouble with the beepers in thirty years. i wonder if they will get it right. i guess its like the old saying might better go with your gut feeling about the whole deal.
Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty
Buddyw
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Buddyw » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:49 pm

plottdog
Facebook ID: 0

Postby plottdog » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:42 pm

Hey Buddy, I bought a garmin unit last Dec. from you and it keeps losing connection with the dog.300 yards and I lose him what do I do?? Also I need some more collars
Buddyw
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Buddyw » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:46 pm

That sounds like the normal problem with Garmins and the #1 reason they have to go back for repair. I would contact garmin And get it fixed while it's under warranty.

In a couple weeks, I'd have the Loaner program set up so if it's during season you would qualify to use a system while Garmin repairs it. Garmin is normally not too bad about getting them fixed. Normally about 1-2 weeks to get them repaired depending on their work load.

Buddy
Roy Sparks
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 100007420332603

Postby Roy Sparks » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:43 am

Buddy as I write this I eagerly wait the arrival of my DC 30 package - which should be today.

We have Garmin agents here in South Africa , could they reasonably be expected to assist with maintenance issues on these Astro's ?I know I have not been able to buy the Astro direct from them in the past and not a single one of our local agents can supply an answer as to why not !! Can you believe this BS.

If the DC 30 is discontinued what will back up on maintenance and on parts and repairs be like in the future for those who have already invested in this kit ?

Regards - Roy.
mnb&t
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby mnb&t » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:54 am

keep the info coming. i love the garmin wont hardly hunt without it, but dont mind hearing the downfalls especially on the lastest greatest stuff. its not always good when they tell you what you wanna hear. thanks.

Return to “Site News and Announcements”