Our enemies with in our own circle in Ca.

ANTI's, PETA, HSUS & other Issues affecting Houndsmen
Dale T
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Our enemies with in our own circle in Ca.

Postby Dale T » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:28 pm

I have requested all the up to date depredation permits issued in California for Bears Lions and Bobcats
of the 30 Bears and 34 Lions permits Van Probst is the only listed hunter that is not a USDA/Wildlife services hunter, I still have a call in with the USDA to verify that the F&W permit numbers are correct, I will update as I get up dated.

If you know Van Probst thank him for the work he is doing in under-mining all of our work to get our hound hunting back.
http://las.stparchive.com/Archive/LAS/L ... 012p04.php

PERMIT # 1987
PAPER PERMIT # 3688
Resources Agency of California
Department of Fish and Game
PERMIT TO KILL MALE MOUNTAIN LION
CAUSING CROP OR PROPERTY DAMAGE
Under the provisions of Sections 401 and 402, Title 14, CCR,
Brian Kingdon 16703 Highway 89
(NAME) (ADDRESS)
Greenville 68947 is authorized to kill 1 Male Mountain Lion
(CITY) (ZIP) (NUMBER) (SPECIES)
Location of Property 16703 Highway 89, Greenville
County: Plumas Acres:
Property or Crops being damaged: Pet or Livestock interaction/damage (Sheep)
Trespass: This permit does not authorize trespass for any reason onto any other property.
Authorized method of take: Any legal method of take If traps used, trap no:
REQUIRED; SEE SECTION 465.5 (f)(1)
Steel-jawed leg-hold traps, padded or otherwise, are prohibited. Landowner may user:
conibear traps; snares; cage and box traps; nets; suitcase-type live beaver traps; and
common rat and mouse traps.

Persons permitted to take animals under this permit in addition to the permit holder:
Van Probst

Persons prohibited from taking animals under this permit: No person may take animals pursuant to
this permit if they have been convicted of a violation related to the take or possession of game or
furbearing mammals in the past 12 months or if they are on probation and may not hunt or
possess a firearm as part of the terms of probation.
Disposition of the carcass(es) shall be as follows: Picked up by DFG Agent for necropsy
Briefly describe the measures taken to prevent damage prior to issuance of this permit:
very little effort to protect livestock. Resistent to getting dogs or building more secure shelter.
Additional specific instructions, requirements, or information:
file:///C|/Users/MPenick/Desktop/PRA%2013-06-247/Mountain%20Lion/Kingdon,%20Brian%20()_00-18-2013_1987.html[6/27/2013 8:38:36 AM]
Male lion taken shortly after site visit on 4/18/13.
For questions please contact: Terri Weist (Phone: (530) 836-0889, Email:
Terri.Weist@wildlife.ca.gov)
I, the undersigned, acknowledge that I have read all the rules and regulations pertaining to this permit, and the
terms and conditions thereof, and agree to be bound by the same. By signing my name hereto, I specifically waive
for myself, my heirs, administrators, assigns, and assignees, all claim and demand against the State of California,
it's officer, agents, servants, or employees for all injury or loss accruing or arrising in any manner whatsoever while I
am exercising the privileges granted by this permit. I further agree to save the State of California, its officers,
agents, servants, or employees free and harmless from any and all damage accruing to any other person or
persons directly or indirectly arising out of the use of the privileges granted by this permit.
(530) 284-7881
THIS PERMIT EXPIRES ON 4/23/2013
Issued By: Terri Weist Title: Environmental Scientist
Ignorance and not getting involved is the biggest enemy to a Houndsmen!
Buddyw
Site Admin
Site Admin
Facebook ID: 100000011567041

Re: Our enemies with in our own circle in Ca.

Postby Buddyw » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:54 pm

Is he a Hounds men, or just the sheep farmer that was issued a Deprivation Permit? If you don't know him, To me this looks like some Poor Sheep farmer that was given a permit to Kill a Lion if it came back on his property?

If he is not a hounds men, I don't think what you are doing here is very good and I think You should make sure that your home address is online also.

If He is a hounds men, I'm not sure what I would think but I would probably stay out of it since it's not my fight.

Buddy
catdogs
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 100001341185120

Postby catdogs » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:20 pm

When I read this, I thought the same thing. I just didn't type it. X2 Buddy.
Once you go black, you'll never go back! Duncan big game Black and Tans.
Dale T
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dale T » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:30 pm

He is a local houndsmen from that area who has been doing this work for years, he is also a CHC member, has been contacted by CHC and will not return calls, if he would like would like to defend why he's doing this to us I would be more than happy to discus this with him, for more info on this: http://www.facebook.com/groups/28694907 ... 117970796/

DaleTobiassen
530 273 1807
CHC Board Member
Buddyw
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Buddyw » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:29 am

Fair enough thank you for the clarification.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
Buddy
Dale T
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dale T » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:54 am

Buddyw
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Buddyw » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:56 pm

Dale, I guess I should clarify, "THIS IS NOT MY FIGHT" Because Being pissed off, and Putting his address online, for everyone to see, His dogs and more importantly Then that his Family at risk. When he has done nothing illegal. (Unethical I agree)

What your are doing assumes allot of risk, and I'm not willing to stand next to you and post all this information for someone to do something stupid with. Guess who they are going to come after if something happens?

I'm going to tell them to Pound sand and that I wasn't apart of this idea of putting his Address online. And then Point them to you.

I would be more clear about what your intentions about having his Personal information online. You are the one that is liable. I've seen the posts on Facebook and I'm willing to help try to get something back in California. I did my share of Calling and donating to your state to try to help you out.

But if your going to go into a vigilante mode, I'm sorry I have to step back and Declare my self out of the fight. I have too much to loose with my family. This type of thing is exactly why I had to Separate BGH to it's own LLC, So that someone won't sue me over someone else's posts.
Dale T
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dale T » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:50 pm

OK I under stand where your coming from, the address listed is for the owner of the ranch where the sheep were killed not the home address of Probst the only info listed is his name.
Last edited by Dale T on Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dale T
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dale T » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:56 pm

[
fallriverwalker1
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby fallriverwalker1 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:32 pm

ok dale just where do you draw the line you've thrown van under the bus , but you havent listed anyone else, as far as i'm concerened any one who helps the trout scouts ,do anything , there names should be posted here to whats your feelings on this
outlaw13
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby outlaw13 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:19 pm

I believe he is working on getting a list of everyone from fish and wildlife who is doing deps to expose them. If your not ashamed of what you are doing you won't care that everyone knows your stabbing every california houndsmen in the back by doing dep hunts.
If you're not offending idiots, you might be an idiot.- Ted Nugent

Go Big or Go Home!!!

Clint Berg
Dale T
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dale T » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:14 pm

I started off with a request to Mark Kenyon with F&W, he pasted me to
Megan Penick (Associate Governmental Program Analyst Department of Fish and Wildlife Office of the General Counsel) I requested all the permits from 1-1-2013/6-1-2013
There were 30 bear permits, 34 mountain lion permits for this time frame of all the permit Van Probst was the only name listed under the "Persons permitted to take animals under this permit in addition to the permit holder" that was not a Fed/State hunter, if you feel I "through him under the bus" that's tough if he doesn't want his name listed on public records then he shouldn't be doing the hunts and undoing the work that the rest of have been doing at the Capital, we tried to tell our law makers what F&W was telling us that "the bear population was going to explode without the houndsmen" but if houndsmen are going to do these hunts and take care of these bears there would be no need to have houndsmen hunting, if we can show that after the first year or two that the bear damage to private property went from 1.4 Million in 2011 (Per USDA) to 2 or 3 time that in a few years they would have to do something but if houndsmen in this state are going to just start running there dogs for the state/feds we won't have anything to show to our law makers when we go back after this, we need to show what we are worth as a state revenue source, population management and public safety when more bears are shot inside house's in Tahoe.
Dale T
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dale T » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:03 pm

Redwood Coonhounds
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000073410597

Postby Redwood Coonhounds » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:29 pm

In my opinion I think time could be spent doing something more positive and useful. What's done is done, and your not going to change it. The people that would do this type of thing, are going to, and will continue to. They may not be helping our cause, but they are at least doing something legal. DFW is going to find a means of taking care of the problem, do you think the amount they spend to do it matters at all to them? I'd be more worried about the people running out of season, baiting and poaching with hounds, than the very few that legally help DFW. I guarantee hunting for them shines a better light on us and isn't going to hurt our cause as much as the many who are going to get caught in the future doing it illegally.

This state has had more bear problems the last few years than ever, even with hounds. Do you really think that a couple houndsmen doing depredation is going to slow down the population boom? Because they've been doing it all along anyways. They are never going to keep up with the amount of bears we normally would have tagged or trained each year...

Forgive me for thinking what you're trying to do is as equally wrong as what they are doing.
Cassandra Davis
Redwood's Treeing Walker Coonhounds
& Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dogs
http://www.RedwoodCoonhounds.net/
https://www.facebook.com/RedwoodKennelsHounds
Dale T
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dale T » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:24 pm

I feel that if we condone one houndsmen to do the states depredations then it will be acceptable for everyone to do it and hound hunters will not be needed, but if we all stand together and don't do the killing for F&W/USDA they will have to do something like maybe stand with us when this fight go's back to the capital and show just what happens when we are not used to keep the bears in check, like you said the bear problems have been getting worst every year and the bigger the problem grows the better it will be for us and one houndsmen do this is to many.

Return to “Legislative Issues”