AKC black and tans

Forum Rules and Policies
VALERIE
Facebook ID: 0

AKC black and tans

Postby VALERIE » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:06 am

Hello,
I live in Texas and my husband and I own about 8 of the old fashioned, long eared black and tans. We got our original stud dog from Roberta Kuester in Wisconsin. I had some old correspondence from William Costner from the 60's where my brother in law had inquired
about some of his black and tans. Mr Costner sent him a catalogue. It had a picture of his daughter Barbara taken when she was a child beside some of his old dogs in the 50's or 60's
so we decided to try and contact her. It turns out she was no longer breeding and only had a few of her dads hounds left but she directed us to some people that could help us, so we wound up in touch with the Kuester's and ordered a pup from them. He was out of a dog named Leo and a female named Black widow. He is now deceased but we raised pups from him and a female from Comanche, Texas we called Magnolia Maple aka (Maggie) I love these
dogs. We haven't bred in several years due to the intense time involved in whelping a litter of these dogs but I am getting the fever and I am planning a litter this coming year. I'll try to let keep anyone that is interested posted.
borntohunt
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: AKC black and tans

Postby borntohunt » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:40 pm

I may be interested in a black and tan pup. What would you be asking for them? My e-mail is Cgregory7@cox.net.
VALERIE

Postby VALERIE » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:41 am

Hello
We usually get $400 for our pups. We haven't bred in several years. Just recently we acquired a dual registered male. My husband is a dedicated AKC man when it comes to the B and T's so the male was my idea. I will be breeding him to my AKC female, a very showy girl. With his straight legs, tight feet and ukc champions in his bloodline (set 'em up ace) I am looking for a bench prospect that will also have a lot of hunt. Since this is my first foray out of the strictly old fashioned akc forum I am not sure what I will get but I am sure they will be good pups. What are you looking for? Something that will show or hunt or just sit on the porch and remind you of the good old days ..lol My husband has a male coming out of Florida that is strictly old fashioned akc. He is planning on breeding it next year to his akc females. Those dogs will also be good dogs of the very old fashioned long eared type.
borntohunt
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby borntohunt » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:30 pm

Sorry about the time it took to get back to you. Have not got this web site all figured out yet. Thought you did not reply. I like the looks of the black and tans. Want a hunter of a dog for bear and snow hunting lions. Real griity dog. Does not have to happen right away. I have two blue tick pups right now in training, don't need a third at this time will see how these two pan out. Send me some pictures when they get here. Thanks again

Return to “Forum Code of Conduct and Policies”