foxtail in foot

Forum Rules and Policies
brycejohnson
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

foxtail in foot

Postby brycejohnson » Wed May 15, 2013 1:33 am

Well, I'm almost 100 percent positive my hound has a foxtail in his foot. Went up between his toes and now his foot is swollen up real big and a little pus comes out between his toes if you squeeze on it. This is day two I believe. First day he let me handle it, but I couldn't get it out, and today he won't let me mess with it. I hate to spend money at the vet for a sticker in the foot, but its looking that way. What's the chance it will come out on its own? Any tricks to getting it out?
Thanks,
Bryce
Bryce Johnson 760-977-1414
brycejohnsonspainting@hotmail.com
Dale T
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: foxtail in foot

Postby Dale T » Wed May 15, 2013 1:47 am

I just went though this while coon hunting a month ago, my dog started limping about an hr into the hunt and by the time we were done about 4 hr later it was starting to swell, the swelling got worst for 2 days then popped out the top between his toes and 2 days later the swelling was down and he was walking on it fine, I cleaned it twice a day until the swelling was going down.
Ignorance and not getting involved is the biggest enemy to a Houndsmen!
R.M.
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby R.M. » Wed May 15, 2013 7:10 pm

I've soaked the foot in Epsom Salt & warm water. That has drawn the fox-tail it our for me.
brycejohnson
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby brycejohnson » Sun May 19, 2013 2:14 am

I have an update, the swelling on his foot is down quite a bit, and the pain isn't as bad either, no evidence that is has come out. But none of his ankle or leg is swollen or hurting, so it doesn't look like it has traveled up to me. Anyone think it might have come out and I don't know it? Or have any ideas what could be going on?

Thanks,
Bryce
Bryce Johnson 760-977-1414
brycejohnsonspainting@hotmail.com

Return to “Forum Code of Conduct and Policies”