Hunting Rig Tires

Post your product review or ask questions on products

mj23polaris

Re: Hunting Rig Tires

Postby mj23polaris » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:43 pm

Is anyone running duratracs with chains? I'm getting my 01 dodge 2500 gas setup to haul my dogs this winter. Plan on running 35in duratracs, but am curious with how good they seem to be in the snow will I even need chains?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Beebout-it » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:05 am

I only use chains to get out of trouble I never put them on to get into it!
Vicks_PeakGS

Postby Vicks_PeakGS » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:02 pm

I just put on my third set of nitto trail grapplers
They’ve become my favorite for sure.
Long tread life and insanely aggressive off road.
Pretty quiet on the highway also for what they are. My truck came with duratracs and I smoked them in about 11000 miles which I thought was pathetic.

I hunt and guide full time all year in south west NM and this country will give you anything you can imagine when it comes to road conditions. One day dry sharp rock and the next day you have 10”+ snow to deal with. Sometimes 2 foot or more. Probably the only tire I’ll be running for awhile now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:40 pm

I’m trying my first set of Goodyear Wrangler Authorities. They’re an all terrain but have good gaping like a mud terrain. So far, they’re very good in the snow, mud and rock. They do fantastic in fresh snow. I usually don’t even need to put it in 4wd unless the snow is over a foot deep. They clean out well in the mud, our mud out here is grey clay that sticks worse than anything I’ve found. If they get close to that 55k mile mark, I’ll definitely be buying another set.

I have them on my F350. I’ve got about 3,000 miles on them, at least 1,000 has been on BLM roads here in Nevada. They’re a 55k mile rated tire, $150 per tire at walmart.
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:09 pm

I bought a set of Milestar Patagonias for my hunting rig this year. Only reason I went with them is I was able to order them on Ebay for the same price as the Good years I run on my Diesel and they’re 33x11.50 R16’s in load range E. I’m running 15 psi while hunting and 25 psi while driving on roads. My fuel mileage did drop a fair amount though. That’s to be expected when runnin a mud tire though. They’re quiet on the road and the’ve been a good all around tire so far. I’ve been doing a ton of snow driving and they’re doing pretty good. I’m driving in about 18” of old crusted, mealy snow and they are keeping traction until I lose momentum.

Return to “Equipment and Product Review”