alpha battery

Post your product review or ask questions on products

250plot
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

alpha battery

Postby 250plot » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:50 am

just bought the alpha and was wondering about the battery life? i know when you have the astro and batteries die switch them out and picks up the dogs no problem. is this the same with the alpha? can i switch the battery out with a fresh one and pick the dogs back up just as fast and with no problems like the astro? has anyone ever had a problem with the battery and does anyone even carry spare batteries with them? thanks in advance.
Fireman03
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: alpha battery

Postby Fireman03 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:08 pm

I've had good luck with mine. I can run most all day and still have battery left. Make sure the first few times you charge you charge all the way and then drain it to set a memory on the battery.
Huntsalittle

Postby Huntsalittle » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:21 pm

I have a spare battery, but have never had to use it, but 10 hours is about the longest I have ever had to use it. I actually alternate them from one hunt to the next to make sure both are always working properly. And, I'm pretty sure lithium batteries, which is what the alpha has, don't have a memory like ni-cad batteries.
Fireman03
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Fireman03 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:43 pm

Yea your right lithium batteries do not have an issue with memory. They can be charged and discharged as many times as needed and it won't set a memory, but that's how I've always done it just to make for healthier batteries

Return to “Equipment and Product Review”