Good or not

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
B&thounds
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Good or not

Postby B&thounds » Fri May 30, 2014 11:42 am

Would a pack of b&ts make good bobcat dogs? For all of you bobcat hunters out there what is your experiences with b&ts hunting bobcat good or bad, pros and cons, thanks b&t hounds
slobberdoc
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 1534531216

Re: Good or not

Postby slobberdoc » Fri May 30, 2014 1:55 pm

There's good and bad in each breed...I'm sure a guy could find a great pack of B&T's if that is what they want.
In my (limited) experience, my Black and Tan is the slowest dog, most trail oriented, not a lot of brains, but also has the best nose and is the most eager to please. He is not the best locater either. But I have dogs of other breeds that are also not excellent locaters. I think this is a trait that some folks really overlook. Or at least I did when starting out. I know some hunters are breeding for more track speed in their B&T's.
mulesNdawgs
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 1014003401

Postby mulesNdawgs » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:30 am

I have a B&T female that I use on bobcat lion and bears she has a good nose and will run with my walkers she is very aggressive in a fight and trees hard to. As slobberdoc said there is good and bad in every breed and IMO there is fast and slow dogs in every breed to .
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby pegleg » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:33 pm

.Yes you can make it work. Your northeastern hunters have used trail hounds to hunt bobcat and fox forever

Return to “Black and Tan Coonhounds”