blood lines for reds

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
mtime34

blood lines for reds

Postby mtime34 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:10 pm

what blood line should i be looking for to hunt lions with?
jhelvik
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: blood lines for reds

Postby jhelvik » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:01 pm

Most anybody will tell you that all bloodlines will have both good and bad hounds for hunting. Myself and a couple of others on here use the T-Top bloodline. I have two hounds out of this bloodline and one is doing very well (the other turned out to be a me-too hound). I also have one hound out of the Outlaw bloodline. This dog turned out to be my lead dog and is doing fantastic. It really is about just picking a line and then putting in the time and effort.
NITECH CH 'PR' Big Elk's Bad News Bo
NITECH CH 'PR' Big Elk's Outlaw Cash

Kevin Jackson
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Kevin Jackson » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:37 pm

Not everyone likes the same type of dogs. There are a lot of lines that are being bred for show and you'll play hell trying to get a top hunting dog from these lines. Sure you might get lucky once but it's the exception not the rule. My first dogs were Sallee bred and good dogs. I outcrossed to the T-top stuff and they were good. Now I'm working on my fourth generation and line breeding the T-top blood. I owned Cash when he was a pup and he showed potential. I just couldn't get along with him, too stubborn and hyper. I'm glad that Justin has him and likes him. If I don't click with a dog they go down the road. Doesn't mean that the dog isn't good just means that we couldn't get along. I have had better luck getting consistant and level headed dogs from the T-top stuff than I have with other lines. mtime34 I don't think you'll be anything but pleased with a Billy x Sage pup. Heavy T-top bred and the parents, grandparents, great grandparents, etc... are top hounds. When you cross two top hounds from a family of top hounds that don't share similar faults you generally get pups that make top hounds.
Montana Red Kennels - redbones that catch game and hold it until you get there.
(406) 564-3061

Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. 'PR' MT Red's Bobcat Bustin Billy
Nt.Ch.Ch. 'PR' MT Red's Coon Slammin Sage
Gr.Ch.Nt.Ch.'PR' MT Red's Tree Bangin Buddy
Ch.'PR' MT Red's Kim's Cat Crazy Maci
'PR' MT Red's Tree Ringin Rhea
gus

Postby gus » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:33 am

I run some redbone dogs that have ben crosed out quite a bit and I would like to get back to more straight red dogs. I have not heard about these T top dogs, Where do they come from or what do thay go back to. The red dogs that I have used are blaksley and ow hill and have ben great dogs for me but thay are getting very diluted. If anyone still has this line of dogs that are pure redbone I would be very Interested in a pup or 2.

Return to “Redbone Coonhounds”