Woodscreek Loose Bruce

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
dhostetler
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Woodscreek Loose Bruce

Postby dhostetler » Wed May 15, 2013 4:09 pm

I have a 12 year old grandson of Loose Bruce that is the best dog I ever owned. He is getting old and is slowing down quite a bit. He is a good bear dog and has more drive and grit than any dog I ever hunted with. He sired 2 litters out of a walker/bluetick female I had. Most of the pups turned out good with 3 making exceptional bobcat dogs however all of the pups I tried on bears were scared of a bear on the ground. The drive and desire to hunt were inherited by the pups but just not the bear bay part. I would like to get more of that blood and possibly breed him into a good bear dog.

I bought Luke from Shawn Lar who bought him from Ron Hess in Idaho. Shawn doesn't think that Ron Hess is in the hound business anymore but thinks his buddy Donny Harris has some of this line. Does anybody on here know how to get a hold of those guys?
Attachments
Bear%20Bay.JPG
Bear%20Bay.JPG (50.57 KiB) Viewed 8630 times
zachvu
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Woodscreek Loose Bruce

Postby zachvu » Wed May 15, 2013 5:47 pm

"Copper has treed quarry"
cjohnson1178
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby cjohnson1178 » Wed May 15, 2013 10:17 pm

Last edited by cjohnson1178 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dhostetler
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby dhostetler » Wed May 15, 2013 11:35 pm

I actually just got the scanned papers e-mailed to me today. I bought Luke from Shawn Lar 5 years ago when he needed to raise funds to hire a lawyer to defend himself against various wildlife charges at that time I didn't care about papered dogs meanwhile he turned out to be such a good dog I decided to try to figure out where he came from. Meanwhile my connection to Shawn Lar died and I had a hard time trying to find Shawn but finally found a PO box on the internet for him, so I mailed him a letter and he called me once he got the letter. He is mailing the papers to me along with a bill of sale. Once I get them I will get him registered into my name.

I would like to have feedback from other people that have run his bloodlines. He is the best bear dog I have ever seen run but I haven't run with anybody that supposedly has super bear dogs to compare with, so he might not be as good as I think he is.
Attachments
Luke's Pedigree.jpg
beardog sam

Postby beardog sam » Thu May 16, 2013 2:08 am

Check your PM box.
HOGMAN
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby HOGMAN » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:50 pm

Lookin for loose bruce bred pups in Mississippi, alasbama, Carolina, tennesee, could someone help me, message me on here please
Samuel Boutwell
601-757-1122
"There's two types of hounds, one follow hog's, one catches them"!
Run to Catch Hounds- Brookhaven, MS

Return to “Treeing Walker Coonhounds”