TRIGG

Share your hunts and discuss your dogs
J HUNT
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

TRIGG

Postby J HUNT » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:00 pm

I bought my 1st Trigg in Dec, he is now 8 mos old, Copper, his is built good, great confirmation, small dog, w/a lound high pitch voice.

I had been coon hunting him some and he has been opening on track, but has started to tree yet.

Took the hounds for a run today and got on a bear track, he stayed right w/them and was very easy to hear, the bear got away, had already ran them 4 miles before they started the track, I got very lucky, i got a hold of them about 50 yards from the interstate.

If this Trigg starts to tree he will be a good candidate for studd in the future. I bought w/plans to breed to my Treeing Walker females.
HOME OF DUAL GRCH HUNT'S RIDEGTOP RUBY
J HUNT
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: TRIGG

Postby J HUNT » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:51 pm

Copper made his 1st bear chase Friday night that ended with a bear in the tree. He got a little behind but at 9 mos old I am happy with him. Truck to the tree he was very vocal all the way and man does he have a mouth for a small dog!!! He hasn't started to tree yet, I walked to walk a bear down that he could see but it got dark on us by the time we got to the tree. I am inpressed by the trigg breed so far.
J HUNT
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby J HUNT » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:43 am

My Trigg Copper made a few chases a couple weeks ago in early season, he also got a taste of the bear, he is getting more interested every time out.

Just need to get him to start treeing. He is only 10 mos old so he has plenty of time to improve, he is doing what some of my other goods hounds were doing at his age.
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby pegleg » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:13 am

sounds like you are doing well with your pup. hope this year sees him continue to meet your expectations! that has to be one of the most satisfying aspects of hounding watching the young dogs progress. we always seem to be anticipating the next prospect. it sure keeps a guys enthusiasm up. take time to enjoy those older dogs that make it easier to train the youngsters too.. hope the future keeps looking bright.
BEAR HUNTER
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby BEAR HUNTER » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:43 am

Dont get discouraged if he doesnt start treeing. As long as hes not leaving the tree keep hunting him like that. Dogs with a lot of trigg blood in them wont start treeing till they're 1-2 yrs old. If you can ride it out, once they start treeing you usually have a hound.
J HUNT
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby J HUNT » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:18 pm

I really like Copper - he has it all so far except the tree, but I guess most fox hunters don't breed for tree. He has everything else I can ask for. He has been at every coon tree I have made so far this season, very open on track, and stands right beside the tree when I get there. He is agressive on a coon too, once he starts looking up he will be the total package!!

I got the information I needed to get him registered, I am going to send it in soon so if he turns out and anyone would like to breed to him.

I am upgrading my internet pretty soon so I can start posting more pics of Copper.
Tank

Postby Tank » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:20 pm

Hi jason , this is clint. I know what you are going through, I am sure brian told you about the two trigg females (sisters)I bought. They are almost 18 months old. One is a real gritty bay dog that will fly on track and very open,she is starting to tree, but definately not where she needs to be. The other one is fast and open on track, but has no interest in treeing. We treed a bear and beat in down five different times she started looking up the tree and whining at the bear, so hopefully after december we can progress. Also the bluetick I got from you and one of the trigg pups treed a bear by themselves, she was there but not treeing. The bluetick is doing real well , not superfast, but very consistant and has treed bears buy himself, very pleased..
Would like to get together and do some hunting.
J HUNT
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby J HUNT » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:09 pm

Hey, just give me a call I would like to try it up there w/you guys, I need to see some big bears!!!

We are really busy at work so I will probably just get to hunt my days off, I will be off Thursday, Friday and Saturday the first week.

Return to “Running Dogs”