JonBailey64
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Which organizations are reputable for registering:

Postby JonBailey64 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:46 am

The RUNNING Hound Breeds?

1. Foxhounds, American
2. Running Walkers (AKC and UKC doesn't recognize them)
3. Foxhounds, English
4. Foxhound Derivatives: Trigg, July, Black And Tan Virginia Foxhound, Goodman

PS - I noticed this website is primarily devoted to TREEING Hounds.
perk
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Which organizations are reputable for registering:

Postby perk » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:51 am

1. Chase or Hunters Horn, (IFSB and SFSB)
2. That is a term used by yall out west to say American foxhound (Walker strain specifically) no one on this side the country uses that term as we all know Walker means foxhound and treeing Walker means coondog
3. Have to talk to people in England about that, not even many red coat horse riding clubs use them here, the American hound is much better suited for this country.
4. CHASE AND HUNTERS HORN, those are strains of American foxhound, come from same type of foundational stock but named that for the men who pioneered that strain of American Foxhound, they arent seperate breeds and can be cross bred and registered still, bc they are all American American foxhounds.
VA BLACK AND TAN foxhound is nothing, is not a specific breed refers to the dogs hunted 150- 250 years ago on grey fox who didn't excel on the red fox once red were brought to amercia, therefore the need for the creation of American foxhounds, with the speed and stamina, and that's where the names of those strains u listed in number 4 began to create their own ideal hound usually from same stock, trading and buying pups, brood bitches, studs amongst each other and from European descent
'If the hounds dont catch him on top, It doesnt count'
'Day Light and Eye Sight DONT LIE!'
EGO is not your AMIGO
JonBailey64
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby JonBailey64 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:22 am

perk
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby perk » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:04 am

The Horn has been around a long time. Not a Mickey mouse organization, remember when these organizations were started everything was pen and paper. FACEBOOK is relatively new in our lifetime and many people (myself included) do not utilize that Avenue of social media, most the hound men and women that utilize those registries are more worried about their hounds then what the links on a web page are.
'If the hounds dont catch him on top, It doesnt count'
'Day Light and Eye Sight DONT LIE!'
EGO is not your AMIGO
JonBailey64
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby JonBailey64 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:34 am

macedonia mule man
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby macedonia mule man » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:08 pm

Jon Bailey, most all dog hunting started in the east and headed west with the settling of the country. The east and south east has Ben and still is a hot bed for dog hunting. It is losing ground pretty fast due to population and loss of free running grounds. Every breed that I know of has its roots in the east. All the big game dogs of the west from Canadian border to Cal. On into Mexico ancestors came from eastern breeding. If you trace the papered big game dogs back in the pedigree you will find eastern origin. I don't know much about bird dog breeding but in the south east from 1950- 1980s there is no telling how many tons of quail that went on the dinner table. My dad killed a ton by himself and I never heard him discuss dog breeding or redgistery. Dogs were hunted into good dogs not breed into good dogs. Will never see that paradise again, wish we could but it can't happen without a drastic population reduction.

Return to “Running Dogs”