Naturally docked tails

Share your hunts and discuss your dogs
WalkerCurCat
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Naturally docked tails

Postby WalkerCurCat » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:32 am

Any of you experience naturally docked tails in "purebred" BMC's or just crosses. It's my belief that Black Mouth were developed through a cross but not sure. I have seen handful of "pure" Black mouths with this trait. Would like to get other opinions on it. Any info is appreciated

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
lawdawgharris
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Naturally docked tails

Postby lawdawgharris » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:40 pm

I’ve seen one bob tailed BMC (registered), evidently it’s acceptable and possible or he couldn’t have been registered. Growing up I was always under the impression that the natural bob tail was an indication that there was Mnt Cur blood present. I still believe that it’s a Mnt Cur gene. The BMC registry isn’t a very old registry. A lot of the dogs registered in it early do not have concrete origins. They did the best they could to investigate the lineage of those dogs but we all know that things get mixed up and misrepresented without a paper trail. Word of mouth about ancestry from way back can get very off. This is why I believe the bob tailed black mouths carry MNT Cur. Like I say, these are just my opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WalkerCurCat
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby WalkerCurCat » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:23 pm

Yessir exactly what I believe also. The "foundation" female(bobtail) of the curs I've hunted behind & the generations after have thrown bobtail dogs in every litter. That female comes from the same yard as the Cur/walker make that my present Walker/curs cone from but she is not part of the lineage. Not to mention a handful of dogs that were not black masked but had dudley(pink) nosed females with bobtails. The bobtails males have ALL had black masks. Genetics is a odd thing. Many from the line I've been around look VERY similar to the yellow Kemmer curs I see in Full Cry magazine every month. Interesting. Thank u LawDawg

WalkerCurCat
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby WalkerCurCat » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:32 pm

No reason not to tell of the breeding that produced that foundation bitch since she was such a good gyp & has produced majority of the Curs I've seen or hunted behind. She is from a breeding of
Wright's Yellow Jacket
X
Fogel's Blondie

lawdawgharris
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby lawdawgharris » Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:02 pm

It’s funny that she has Wrights Yellow Jacket in her pedigree. The one bob tailed dog I spoke of was on Randy Wrights yard back in the early 90’s. I don’t remember what he was out of though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WalkerCurCat
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby WalkerCurCat » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:51 pm

small World Law lol

Return to “Cur Dogs”