Ursus Plotts

Talk about Bear Hunting
Brianshounds
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Ursus Plotts

Postby Brianshounds » Sat May 08, 2010 2:21 am

i have one staight out of BC and i do have to say mine is slow, but my dogs are pritty fast to... in some packs he may be average speed?? but i do have to say he is very gritty on bear and earned many staples in his life.
Brian Denney
Bearpaw Outfitters
208-682-9999
208-852-6495
Coalcreek Kennel

Postby Coalcreek Kennel » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:53 pm

I have a 2 yr old Ursus pup I bought from Chuck Smith from Idaho and he's a great bear dog not the fastest but excellent strike dog. Makes all the runs and trees hard. What more could you ask for?
tom
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby tom » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:52 pm

I had one that I really liked. He was never my best dog but was one that you could always count on to get the job done. I guess to guys who thinks he invented bear hunting they might not work but to the average joe they work just fine.
justahunter
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby justahunter » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:17 pm

Beartree , I'm gonna sound like you. Walkers b&t and blueticks suck because I have owned them all . the ones I have had walkers not gritty only time they are gritty is at the tree chewing on other dogs and very trashy. B&t are slow hartless ill built dogs. blueticks don't make trees. Now everyone knows not to try them either. You must own curs lol
Hunt hard cull hard !
rose224
Facebook ID: 0

Postby rose224 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:12 pm

Anyone know the average price Steve Mohr asks for a puppy? Looking into getting one and want to know what I'm looking at. More than an average pup? Haven't been able to find much on his website or other forums.

Return to “Bear Hunting”