ONCE AN A LIFETIME BEARDOG FORSALE!!!

Talk about Bear Hunting
WVhoundsmen
Facebook ID: 0

ONCE AN A LIFETIME BEARDOG FORSALE!!!

Postby WVhoundsmen » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:27 pm

Bought this dog off mike kemp at 6 months old and have owed and hunted him since he’s now 8 and has been my main dog since he was 2 years old. It  breaks my heart to think that he is this old wow how time flies anyways…  he still has a few years left gets around like he did when I got him.. been hunted on bear and is the best bear dog I’ve ever been behind in the woods hands down he’s not gonna be cheap call or txt for details, pics,and videos I’ve got hundreds 304 282-4830

If your not serious please don’t waste my time!!! This dog is the real deal
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: ONCE AN A LIFETIME BEARDOG FORSALE!!!

Postby Beebout-it » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:01 am

Just curious, did you purchase any more dogs from. Mr.Kemp since then?
WVhoundsmen

Postby WVhoundsmen » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:07 am

SOLD
River hill

Postby River hill » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:50 am

To answer the question, yes !! Own a whole pack of them now, (8 in total) and it is all I will ever own from here on out.. very consistent hounds with all the tools needed to get the job done
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:02 pm

I have wanted to hunt with some dogs from him for a long time. Recently I got the chance to run with one in Idaho. Dog was 2 years old and one hell of an elk hound. I left 2 of my dogs with the young guy who had it to help him try and get it going. We caught 3 bears In 3 days and it never made a tree. He would go get it and bring it to treed bear but it seemed afraid of the bear. Really would like to hunt with some of the good ones.
River hill

Postby River hill » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:45 pm

In my opinion these dogs are not for everybody they are a little different acting don’t know how to really Describe it.. they are maybe timid like a little shy when it comes to strangers, but then again they are the most loving dog you could ever be around. And I was told a long time ago that’s just because you have a well bred hound doesn’t mean it’s going to tear up the world the handler plays a very big part in the dog getting to its full potential!!! I wouldn’t trade mine for any other hounds no way I get along great with them they do everything I ask them too when I got the first one from Mike he told me if I were serious about hound hunting I wouldn’t be satisfied with just one I would want more and he couldn’t of been any more right I now own eight some that came directly from Mike and some ive bread myself with no other outcross.. a good buddy of mine who has these dogs as well and we hunt together have had good success with them we hunt at least three days a week some weeks more and over the course of the last two months a bear hasn’t got away from them catching everyone we turn loose on and the dogs have been turned loose off the rig that’s how we hunt in the summer months. when we rig a track we put down 4 to 6 dogs to find and get the track going they don’t bark until one finds the track and then the race is on head up running to catch and they sound awesome doing it they stay packed together 95% of the time which makes it pretty hard on a bear when they catch it, their grit is unmatched if I had any complaints about them it would be the grit the dogs have no reverse and it can be costly at times I have three right now that are going to need a few days rest from this weekends hunts..

I’m only going off of my experience with my dogs and the ones I’ve been around I’m by no means bragging or blowing my horn I enjoy bear hunting and fairly serious , just telling what I see when it comes to the dogs I’m a huge fan of the kemp line of dogs!!
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:54 pm

Absolutely agree that the handler plays a immense role in weather the dog turns out. I really don't care for a dog thats timid around people and acts like its been whipped for no reason. I have no doubt that his dogs are great but for me if I lost my mind and paid that kind of money for a pup it better not need any help from me other than driving it to the woods. Just my opinion.

Return to “Bear Hunting”