Henrie mountain buffalo

A place to talk about Deer/Elk Hunting and any other BigGame or Small game hunting Without dogs.
poser
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Henrie mountain buffalo

Postby poser » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:25 pm

Henrie mountain buffalo, green scored 118.5. He was killed @ 10,000 feet with a great shot from Ken with his 300 mag @ 371 yards.

I'm thankful for being dumb and slow, then i don't have to over think this stuff.

Best of wishes....
Jason Sorensen (801) 633-4659
Trashy Mustang Hounds
larry
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: Henrie mountain buffalo

Postby larry » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:32 pm

Hope there was a road nearby! 10,000 could be a long way from a loader :lol:
poser
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby poser » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:53 pm

Larry, i wish there was a road. We didn't even have a pony around. Alot of walkin and crawlin through the oak and mahogony with the meat sacks. My back is still a lil tweeked. Just glad we didn't kill the one the day before. Made it to the peak and he was across the canyon 1,150 yards away. We would have had to rent a helicopter i think lol.

It was a good hunt, but i don't know if we are gonna kill another one there again.
I'm thankful for being dumb and slow, then i don't have to over think this stuff.

Best of wishes....
Trashy Mustang Hounds
lsorenso
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby lsorenso » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:59 pm

Yeah, we are pretty much dumba$$es. 2500 pound animal, 2 miles from a road, at 10000 feet, yep go ahead and shoot him! Great idea! It only took pretty much all day to get him out. I gotta admit was a pretty good deal, he should book pretty high so now that its over it was worth it. Never again without the horses though!
poser
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby poser » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:08 am

Heres you another pic frosty.... this is after we tried to get him turned to get a good pic. He kinda had gravity on his side til a tree stopped him. So much for getting him to pose.

Bodie, poser, frosty

Best of wishes....
Trashy Mustang Hounds
poser
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby poser » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:03 am

Heres a few pics of a cow hunt we did earlier. A whole lot better deal, we had ponies to do all the work.

poco watchin the herd from a high spot.

poser, frosty, poco

buffalo hunt commin to an end on the 1st day.

Best of wishes....
Trashy Mustang Hounds
lsorenso
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby lsorenso » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:22 am

The cow hunt was a bit easier, only bout half the walk, and the horses to pack, and half the size. It was a good time and not a bad pack out. I don't know maybe I'm crazy but a huge Boone and Crockett bull just gets my blood pumpin. I got pretty jacked up when I seen him standin by that big rock, it could have been in a hell of a lot worse place and I would have still had him pull the trigger. (I don't know how many worse spots there are) I'd be happy to do it again, especially since them crazy people come to our rescue when we called em on the radio. Poser, next time bring a backpack and then you can put that stupid meat sack in it and make it much easier on your neck. Nevermind, just make me bring the horses. That was really stupid leavin them home. We definately needed a chainsaw too! Dang good time!
TUCO
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby TUCO » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:36 am

And poser says im stupid for deer huntin without a horse :roll: At least you can bone out a deer an get him out in 1 or 2 trips at most. that big of bull has gotta take a whole lot of trips to the truck if it was on your backs :lol:
poser
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby poser » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:43 am

Tuco, ya it wasn't pretty. No more buffalo huntin without ponies. Another week and we can hunt some lions.

Best of wishes....
Trashy Mustang Hounds

Return to “Other Hunting”